Technothlon is a School championship program that is conducted by the IIT Guwahati under its annual techno-management festival Techniche. Technothlon was started in 2004 with participation from only 200 students to inspire young minds from the city of Guwahati itself. In 2015 more than 30000 students from over 250 cities across India participated in the prestigious School championship. Later, it expanded to more than 450 cities in the past 16 years with various centers on board. Now it is the biggest exam conducted by any student fraternity. The technothlon team works hard throughout the year in making question papers, promotions, and events throughout the country, and bringing sponsors and participation.
About Technothlon Exam 2024
Technothlon is an exam conducted by the IIT students of Guwahati for classes 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th. The exam is based on logical and analytical skills. You don’t have to prepare for Technothlon, you just have to use your mind. Technothlon has different papers for the two squads: the junior class- 9th and 10th and the Hauts: class 11th and 12th. The Prelims is the first round of technothlon which is a written examination full of logical questions. The paper is attempted by a team of two members and 50 teams are then selected for the mains at IIT Guwahati during the Techniche- the annual techno-management festival of IIT Guwahati.
Also Check: ISRO Young Scientist Program
Key Features of Technothlon Exam
|Name of the Exam
|Student Fraternity of IIT Guwahati
|Class 9th to 12th
|Number of rounds
|Technothlon exam date
|8th August 2021
|Inspire young minds
|Mode of Exam
|Mode of Registration
Also Check: NEET Scholarship Test
Levels of Technothlon 2024
Technothlon Olympiad is held in two stages, one stage being Prelims and the other stage being the mains. In both stages, students can participate only under respective squads i.e. junior or senior squads.
Prelims is a written examination that is conducted all over India in multiple schools in August for 2021 the prelims are conducted only in online mode. The Technothlon prelims are mainly based on general knowledge, attitude skills, and analytical ability. The Exam Duration is 2 hours 30 minutes long, with the question paper divided into various sections like maths, code crunchers, and puzzles. The prelim exam is conducted in online mode, so students can participate in the comfort of their homes. The technothlon is not only to check the intellect but also to tell their logical and Puzzle-solving skills.
Technothlon Mains is a competition in which 50 ranked participants from each squad are invited to participate in different events conducted in “Technique,” the annual techno-management festival of IIT Guwahati. The students are graded based on their performance in multiple events that are specially designed for technothlon every year.
- Events are designed to test analytical and out-of-the-box thinking skills. It is a competition and a learning platform where students can get to know several new things.
- The students who perform the best in all events will be crowned the winner in each squad.
- It is a fun event comprising challenging questions reflecting the series of practical application-based events.
- Students can also attend workshops, and lectures by prominent authorities and the premises accompanied by top celebrities in India.
Syllabus for Technothlon 2024
Below are some of the general topics covered in the Technothlon 2021 syllabus for classes 9 to 12. Students can expect the few important topics given below in the Technothlon exams related to logical reasoning and aptitude.
Quantitative reasoning (QR) is the application of fundamental mathematics skills, for the analysis and interpretation of real-world quantitative data in the context of a discipline or an interdisciplinary problem to reach conclusions that are useful for students in their day-to-day experiences. It is not merely a matter of mathematics.
The quantitative reasoning questions that can be expected in the Technothlon prelims and mains are-
- Analogy (both word-based and numerical questions)
- Odd one out (both word-based and mathematical problems)
- Ranking missing characters
- Coding-decoding symbols
- Maths operations
The ability or aptitude to reason logically is measured by a logical reasoning exam. Logical reasoning examinations, in general, assess nonverbal talents. Students employ logical and abstract thinking, as well as rules, analogies, and frameworks, to arrive at a proper response.
Questions from Important Topics
- Seating arrangement
- Blood relations
- Direction test
- Venn diagram
- Statement and conclusion
- Paper folding and paper cutting
- English grammar
Puzzles are questions in which the candidate is given items that belong to different groups or have distinct attributes, as well as certain hints with which the candidate must group and analyze the supplied items and answer the questions accordingly.
Students can expect various puzzle-related questions, here are a few questions that a student squad can expect in the Technothlon exam.
- Mirror and water image
- Fitting pieces
- Odd pieces
- Sequence of figures
Mathematics is the most important subject for passing any competitive exam. It is critical to plan ahead of time for Mathematical topics. Math is one discipline where practice and theory are inextricably linked.
The mathematical questions that can be expected in the Technothlon prelims and mains are-
- Number system
- Permutation and combinations
Technothlon 2024 Awards
Technothlon is an excellent platform for students to showcase their abilities and win fantastic prizes and awards. Prizes will be given to the top 250 rank holders.
Details of the awards given to the participants and toppers of prelims are given below.
- Technothlon, IIT Guwahati, has presented Gold and Silver certificates to each squad. A gold medal and a city topper certificate are given to each city topper.
- An e-certificate of participation is awarded to all students who attend the prelims.
- They also receive an in-depth analysis report of their strengths and weaknesses concerning the themes they encountered throughout the exam.
Furthermore, during Techniche, the top 50 students from each team are invited to IIT Guwahati, where they compete in a variety of interesting events such as robotics, aeromodelling, electronics, finance, and more to be proclaimed the next Technothlon champion.
Details of the awards given to the participants Techniche are given below.
- The Grand prize is awarded to the winners of this round from each squad.
Technothlon Result Dates for 2021
Also Check: Ranker Scholar Aptitude Test
Procedure to Apply Online Under Technothlon
- First you have to visit the official website of Technothlon.
- The home page will appear on the screen, where you have to select the “Register Portal” tab.
- Then you have to click on the “Register” button.
- Now the registration page will appear on your screen where you have to enter the essential details such as-
- Name of student
- Email ID
- Contact details
- Select squad (Based on the class in July 2021)
- After filling all the details correctly click on the submit button for final submission of application form.
Procedure for Registration Under Technothlon Offline
The students who are interested in participating in the Technothlon exam offline should contact the City representative. Though the city representatives are responsible to collect the registration offline, participating schools can collect all the registration details themselves and then send the details to the head/ city representative.
The School authorities will have to fill in the details as in the registration or application form and upload the documents to the link available in the email sent to the school.
Technothlon 2024 FAQs
Technothlon is a School championship program that is conducted by the IIT Guwahati under its annual techno-management festival Techniche
Student Fraternity of IIT Guwahati has launched this scheme
Class 9th to 12th students are eligible to apply under this scheme
Applicants can apply under this scheme by visiting the official website