If you are planning to move to Switzerland in order to complete your Ph.D. degree then you can apply for the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships 2023 which is presented by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI). The students can fill out the application form which is now active on the official website of the organization and if they have a visa then they will be considered for this scholarship program because this scholarship is highly based on the availability of a visa for the students. The students can fill out the application form available at the official website and then they will be considered if they have submitted all of the documents and all of those documents are correct.
What Is ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships 2023?
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships 2023 is presented by the organization in order to have the people who are currently taking into account Ph.D. degrees. The State Secretariat for Education, Research, and Innovation (SERI) is offering this scholarship. The scholarship program also supports by Swissnex India and the Embassies of Switzerland in Singapore and Australia. The students will first have to apply for a visa and if the visa is successfully allott then they will be able to apply for this scholarship program so that they can live in Switzerland and also complete their education in Switzerland to unlock various career opportunities. You have to fill out the application form before the last date of 15th January to be eligible.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship
- Application Deadline – 15th January 2023
Benefits Of ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this scholarship:-
- The selected students will receive a stipend of CHF 60 per day from the start to the last day in the University, +2 days for arrival and departure up to a maximum of 90 days (CHF 5,400 maximum).
- This amount covers only a portion of the average student’s living expenses. The students will ask to prove sufficient financial means to the Swiss Cantonal authorities before a visa can issue.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- The applicant must currently enroll at an accredit Indian/ Australian or Singapore university/ institute and be a master’s/ bachelor’s degree student who has completed the 2nd year by the time the research stay in Switzerland begins
The following documents require in order to apply for this scholarship successfully:-
- A cover letter (describing the research projects and goals)
- A Curriculum Vitae (should not be more than 2 pages)
- A photocopy of the official transcripts of the current institute/university
- An acceptance letter (from a professor/and or hosting institute in Switzerland)
- A recommendation letter (from a current professor at a Swiss university)
- All the documents must upload in a single PDF.
Terms and Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions in order to successfully apply for the scholarship:-
- Scholars are responsible for their own insurance coverage, visa, and housing, but the students can opt for a recommendation from the host institute.
- The scholarship only supports research at public universities and public research institutions, not at private research higher education or research institutions.
- The scholarship amount will transfer to the bank account of the selected scholars after their arrival in Switzerland.
- After the completion of the research project, the applicants have to return to their respective countries, and must carry out at least one activity as a ‘student ambassador’.
- Once selected for this scholarship, the scholar cannot apply for a second time.
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships Application Procedure
If you want to apply for this scholarship and you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The students can directly go to the Application Form for this scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- The application form will open on your screen and you will have to enter the specific information related to yourself.
- Upload all of the documents and make sure to fill out the application form with important specifications and with utmost honesty.
- Successfully submit the application form and you will be eligible for this scholarship.
- State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI)
- Einsteinstrasse 2, 3005 Bern, Switzerland
- Phone Number – (+41) 58 462 21 29
- Swissnex, India
- 26, Rest House Cres Rd, Shanthala Nagar,
- Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560001
- Switzerland Embassy
- E-3, Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri,
- New Delhi, Delhi – 110021
People who are not coming from the specified countries are not eligible to apply for this scholarship, however, if you have a visa then you can try for it.
A Google document is made by the concerned authorities of ThinkSwiss research scholarship and you can fill out the application form accordingly.
The students must be well-versed in English if they want to apply for this prestigious scholarship presented by the organization.
The students will be selected mainly on the basis of their Visas and the documents they have submitted.
You need to be coming from India, Australia, and Singapore in order to successfully apply for this scholarship.