VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship invited Ph.D. degree holders to New York University. VISTA spans five York faculties: Health, Engineering, Science, Arts Media Performance and Design; Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, five research centers including the Centre for Vision Research, and over 50 partners in the international research community and nonacademic factors such as health care and industry. It builds on York’s world-class interdisciplinary research in biological and computer vision.
To be eligible to apply the application must be supported by a VISTA Core or Associate Member who would become the supervisor. If you are interested in applying for the VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship, then visit their official website for registration in this article we will provide you with each and every detail about the scholarship, its eligibility criteria, objective, benefits, application procedure, and much more.
About VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2023
VISTA stands for Vision Science to Application. It is a collaborative research program that is funded by the Canada First Research Excellence Fund (CFREF, 2016-2023) that builds on New York’s world-class interdisciplinary research in biological and computer vision. The fellowship will provide on a competitive basis on the strength of the candidate, the strength of the research proposal, and the fit with the goals of the VISTA program. The distinguished Fellowship will be awarded competitively to the very best candidate. Fellowship aims to support distinguished searches from other national or international institutions under the supervision of a Vista core member that is aligned with the Vista Program to carry out post-doctoral research.
Key Highlights of VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship
|Name of Fellowship||VISTA Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship|
|Objective||To provide Fellowship to students|
Objective of VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- The main objective of the VISTA Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship is to take science in an advanced direction through computational and biological approaches and result in real-world applications and prepare students for their bright future.
- The purpose is to support distinguished researchers from other national or International Institutions under the supervision of a Vista core member that is aligned with the Vista Program to carry out post-doctoral research.
Benefits of VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship
In VISTA Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship the selected scholar will receive the following benefits:
VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowship Award
Minimum $55,000/year for up to 2 years + Annual research allowance $7,500 + Annual networking allowance $1,000.
Expectations of Successful Applicants
- Meet annually to discuss progress with your VISTA committee
- Submit an annual progress report
- Present progress annually at the VISTA research retreat
- Apply for external funding (e.g. CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC)
To be eligible for the fellowship the applicant must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- An applicant must hold a Ph.D. degree from our national or International Institution.
- Be doing Postdoctoral research which is aligned with the VISTA program under the supervision of a VISTA Core member.
- An applicant should provide evidence of excellence in their field.
- Completed application form
- A one-page summary of the proposed research
- Voluntary self-identification survey in the specified format
- Postdoctoral supervisor form in the specified format
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of reference.
Note- Referees do not include the proposed supervisor. The proposed survivor may opt to submit a maximum of 5 pages letter of reference.
Selection Criteria for VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship
The fellows will select on the basis of –
- Strength of the candidate
- Strength of the research proposal
- Fit with the goals of the VISTA program
- The distinguished fellows have to meet additional standards of excellence to receive the fellowship.
Terms and Conditions
- The applicants have to accept or decline the offer made within 21 days from the date of the offer.
- The evidence of excellence may include best paper awards, high-impact venues, or other measures of achievement and recognition.
The last date to apply for VISTA Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship will be updated soon.
Application Procedure for VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- First, you have to find a VISTA Core Member as a supervisor. VISTA Associate Members are eligible as co-supervisors with a core member.
- Then visit the official website of the VISTA Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- The home page will appear on your screen where you have to click on the Apply Now link.
- The application form will be downloaded on your device where you have to enter your details such as:
- Phone number
- Degree awards
- Title of the proposed project
- Propose supervisor
- Secondary disciplines, etc.
- After filling in all the details correctly email it to email@example.com:
- Also, upload all your documents which are given above.
- York University
- 4700 Keele Street
- Toronto, Ontario,
- M3J 1P3 Canada
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org