The West Bengal State Government just launched a free tablet program for school children. The state government would distribute free tabs to West Bengal students under West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2022. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee proposed an initiative to offer free tablets to students. According to the most recent information, the Mamata Banerjee-led West Bengal government intends to distribute tablet computers to around 9.5 lakh students in the state who are scheduled to take the Higher Secondary examination next year.
CM even noted that information technology (IT) enterprises in West Bengal have grown by 133% in the last eight years, and IT exports have increased by 175%. Many more investments are on the way. Read below to check the detailed information related to the like Highlights, Objectives, Features, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedures, and much more.
West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2022
The Department of Education is one of the most affected agencies as a result of the coronavirus outbreak. As you are aware, Corona has had the greatest impact on student education, and many students do not have a smartphone or tablet to complete their education online. However, such pupils no longer need to be concerned because, in order to assist students in online education, the West Bengal government is providing free tablets to about 9.5 lakh students studying in various schools across the state through the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme.
Students in the 12th grade at various government institutions in West Bengal will receive free tablets as part of this initiative to continue their online education. Enrolled students in government-aided schools and madrasas will also receive free tablets. It is also stated that every secondary school will be equipped with computers, allowing for online education.
Highlights of WB Free Tablet Scheme 2022
|Scheme Name||West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme|
|Introduced by||Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee|
|Language||পশ্চিমবঙ্গ ফ্রি ট্যাবলেট প্রকল্প|
|State Name||West Bengal|
|Scheme under||State Government|
|Beneficiaries||West Bengal State Class 12th students from government schools, government-aided schools, and madrasas|
|Objective||Providing free tablets|
|Major Benefit||Free 9.5 lakh smartphones to school students of class 12|
Objectives of West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme
The scheme’s major goal is to give online education to all students who are unable to obtain it due to financial constraints. The West Bengal government has launched the WB Free Tablet Scheme 2022, which would provide free tablets to schoolchildren. The scheme’s major goal is to provide online education to all students who are unable to purchase tabs. The government has also given 20 suggestions for IT offices to be established in the Bengal Silicon Valley cluster. A 3000 crore investment would be made to provide IT amenities to the West Bengal population.
Benefits of WB Free Tablet Scheme
Some of the key benefits of Scheme 2022 are as follows:
- In this free tablet distribution initiative, each beneficiary will receive one tablet.
- The facility would receive 36000 government and government-aided secondary schools.
- Tabs would be distributed to all HS students at these schools.
- In addition, the state government has declared that all secondary schools in the state will be provided a free computer to use for online classes for pupils.
- The tabs will be offered to the pupils for the rest of their lives, and they will be able to receive an education through these facilities until they graduate.
Features of WB Free Tablet Scheme
Some of the key features of the scheme are as follows:
- The Government of West Bengal announced the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2022 on December 3, 2020.
- Around 9.5 lakh pupils in government and government-aided institutions would receive free tablets.
- The state has approximately 14,000 state-run and state-aided higher secondary schools. Every pupil will be given a tablet computer.
- Currently, West Bengal is home to over 1500 IT businesses, including Tata Consultancy Services, Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, and IBM. There are approximately 2.1 lakh IT experts in the state.
- The decision by the West Bengal government is part of the state’s initiative to bridge the digital gap and give equitable access to online education for all pupils.
- Infosys, the IT services giant, plans to begin building on a new software development center in the state by July 2021. They’ve been given 50 acres of land.
Applicants who want to apply for the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme must fulfill the eligibility criteria put forward by the Government of India. The eligibility criteria for WBFree Tablet Scheme 2022 are as follows:
- The candidate must be a West Bengal citizen.
- The candidate must be in their final year of high school.
- All preceding examinations must have been passed by the candidate.
- A student must be enrolled in a Government School, a Government Aided School, or a Madrasah.
- The individual’s annual income from all sources shall not exceed Rs. 200000 per year.
While filling up the application form for West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme, some important documents will be needed by the applicants, make sure to keep them handy. The documents required for WB Free Tablet Scheme 2022 are as follows:
- Passport size photographs
- Aadhar card
- Active mobile number
- School ID card
- Scanned signature
- Address proof
- Residence certificate
Steps to Apply for West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2022
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the Scheme
- First of all, go to the official website of the scheme
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on Apply Online link available on the homepage.
- Once you will click on the link, an application form will open on the screen
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details like Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Address, etc
- After that upload all the required documents
- Now, review and recheck the application form to avoid any mistakes
- Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the application process
Check Application Status
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to check the WB Free Tablet Scheme 2022 Application Status
- First of all, go to the official website of the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Now from the homepage, go to the check application status option.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Now on this page, you have to enter the application number in the given box.
- After that, click on the submit option.
- The application status will open on the screen