On 31 January 2022, an announcement has been made by Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee of West Bengal State related to the West Bengal Student Internship Scheme. Mamta Banerjee’s government has come up with a new plan to recruit recently passed-out students as interns in the government department. This program is very beneficial for the youngsters of the state. Students who wish to know more in detail about the internship program may read this article very carefully. You will get each and every detail yet released by the authorities in respect of the WB Student Internship Scheme including eligibility criteria, benefits, the application process, and more.
About West Bengal Student Internship Scheme
Good news for the students of West Bengal State, very soon online application forms for the internship scheme are going to start. Under this scheme, the government is going to recruit approximately 6000 students every year as interns to work in the government department. This scheme will provide work experience to the students along with a monthly stipend. All the eligible candidates who made the below-mentioned eligibility criteria can apply. Yet the application forms are not released by the authorities but will release soon.
Also Read: Oasis Scholarship
WB Student Internship Scheme Application Form
A new scheme has been started by the West Bengal government for the educated unemployed youth of the state. The scheme is a fully funded state government scheme for citizens of the age below 40 years. Under this scheme, 6000 students will be selected as an intern on an annual basis in the various government department of the state. This will provide them with employment opportunities along with the experience and skills of working in a government department that will be very much beneficial for them in the near future. Efforts will be done to post these selected students in their localities to provide them with ease of living and flooding.
Highlights Of West Bengal Student Internship Scheme
- Name of the scheme: West Bengal Student Internship Scheme
- Launched by: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
- Launched for: Students
- Benefits: Internship
- Mode of application: Online
- Official site: WB Student Internship
Features of WB Student Internship Scheme
- West Bengal student internship scheme is a full state government-funded scheme
- The announcement of the scheme has been made by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on 31st January 2022
- This scheme is especially for the students who hold graduation degree
- Students who are pursuing a degree yet can also apply after getting NOC from the institute.
- ITI or polytechnic-passed students will also be considered
- Age the students should not be more than forty years to apply for this program
- Eligible students will get selected for the internship
- Selected students will be posted in offices of the government, government-acquired agencies, block offices, sub-division offices, and district-level offices.
- Students get a monthly stipend for working as an intern
- A total of 6000 interns will get selected in a year
- The duration of the internship program is one year initially
- Students who didn’t get the chance in the current year will get the chance next year
- An intern whose performance is the best will stand the chance to continue the internship for the next year too
- Interns will get a certificate after completion of the program
- To invite applications from the eligible candidate’s government is going to release a new website soon
Objective Of West Bengal Student Internship Scheme
The objective of the government of West Bengal behind the West Bengal student internship scheme is to:
- Provide students an opportunity to work in the government department
- Create employment for the students who hold graduation degree
- Skill the manpower of the state
- Provide students with work experience in the real working environment
Benefits Of The Scheme
West Bengal student internship scheme is beneficial for the 6000 students every year. The authorities are going to appoint the students as interns in the government department. Students will get a monthly allowance of rupees 5000 for the internship. After completion of the internship program, students will also get a certificate.
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of West Bengal
- The age of the applicant should not be more than 40 years
- Applicants must hold a graduation degree from recognized university or college with at least 60% marks
- Applicants who hold a diploma or ITI certificate will also be considered
Under this scheme, the West Bengal government has been planning to recruit 6000 students per year as interns. As per the information shared by the concerned authority, the selected students will be placed at various state government offices, including zillas and parishads and there are chances that these students will be posted close to their home location. This will help them in reaching the site on time and will reduce the cost of living and flooding.
- Aadhar card
- Resident proof
- Qualification all documents
- Passport size image
- Scanned signature
- Age proof
- Other necessary documents
Also Read: Yuva Pradhanmantri Scholarship
Registration Procedure Of Internship 2023
As the scheme has been recently announced, the government has not yet released the online application forms. Very soon a portal was launched by the authorities for online applications. We will update the detailed instructions related to the application once the portal has been released. Some common steps which you have to follow are mentioned further
- Open the official website of the West Bengal student internship scheme
- From the home page of the portal choose the apply link
- The application form will open on the computer screen
- Enter all the ask details in the application form including name, date of birth, gender, qualification, phone number, etc.
- Upload the documents in the prescribed format as required
- Review the application form very carefully and submit at by hitting submit button
- Remember to take a printout of the application for the future reference