West Bengal Freeship Scheme 2023 is presented by the Department of Higher Education under the Government of West Bengal. The scheme will provide financial assistance to the students who have good academic performance in their National level entrance examination or in their school qualifying examination, whichever is necessary. The freeship card scheme is created so that students can easily apply for the different types of scholarship opportunities which are usually designed for undergraduate courses and private engineering courses available in different institutes across India. The students will be able to apply for different types of scholarship schemes through the card that will be available through this West Bengal freeship scheme 2023. A card will be issued to the students so that they can apply for these scholarships under this scheme.
Importance of Freeship Scheme
The Freeship scheme is an initiative presented by the West Bengal government in order to help students get financial benefits without having to worry about the complex procedure that they need to follow in order to apply for a particular scholarship. The students will be easily able to apply for the scholarship and they will be provided the opportunity to overcome the financial cost that is required in order to acquire a very prestigious degree in India. The students can apply for this scheme easily by visiting the official website of the West Bengal scholarship portal. The scheme will help in eliminating the financial barriers and the students will be able to get free education. This scheme is available, especially for people who are coming from the economically backward section of society.
Also Read: West Bengal Student Internship Scheme
Objective of West Bengal Freeship Scheme 2023
The objective of the West Bengal Freeship Scheme 2023 of this scheme is to help the students who are pursuing courses in private Engineering and Technical Institute available in the West Bengal State. The objective of the scheme is also to help the people who are coming from the economically backward section of society. The students will be able to get the opportunities in order to perform well in their Institute because of the cash prizes that are available under this scheme. The scheme will help in promoting education in a society which is currently living in poverty and is not able to send its children to school. The students can apply for the different types of scholarship schemes according to the eligibility criteria that is mentioned by the West Bengal government.
Benefits of the West Bengal Freeship Scheme
The Freeship Scheme 2023 offers the following benefits to the selected candidates:
- The students will be provided full tuition fees covered if they are applying for the different types of scholarship schemes in the West Bengal State.
- The student who was struggling to pay their fees will be benefited through the development of the scheme.
- The people will be provided opportunities on the basis of the marks that they have secured in their entrance examination and it will improve the quality of education in India.
- The people who are performing really well in their entrance exams will be recognized through the development of this scheme and it will also encourage the people to do very well.
- The scheme will promote education and it will also remove financial disabilities.
- People will be able to take benefit from the scheme. The people who are coming from various economically backward sections of society will be able to take benefit.
- The students will be able to pursue their education in difficult fields including engineering pharmacy and architecture with the help of this scheme.
Detailed Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the Freeship Scheme, candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria as stated on the official website of the Department of Higher Education, West Bengal Government:
- The candidate must be a domicile in West Bengal.
- The applicant must have a merit rank in Engineering and Technology/Pharmacy/Architecture at the national or state level.
- The annual income of the candidate’s family must not exceed INR 2,50,000.
- It is important to note that the scheme will be implemented for all AICTE-approved government engineering and technology colleges, government-aided self-financing engineering and technology colleges, and non-aided self-financing engineering and technology colleges in the state.
- However, certain students are ineligible to apply for the scholarship scheme, including those who have already been awarded the West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme (SVMCM) and those who are receiving any other scholarship from other State/Central Government sources.
The selection process for the Freeship Scheme can be summarized in the following points:
- The candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned by the Department of Higher Education, West Bengal Government, to apply for the scholarship scheme.
- The applications received from the eligible candidates will be scrutinized, and the selection will be based on the merit rank obtained by the candidates in Engineering and Technology/Pharmacy/Architecture at the national or state level.
- Candidates who have a higher merit rank will be given priority in the selection process.
- The final selection list will be prepared based on the availability of funds and the number of eligible candidates who have applied for the scholarship.
- The selected candidates will be notified through the official website of the Department of Higher Education, West Bengal Government, and will receive the full-tuition fee waiver as per the scheme’s provisions.
- It is important to note that the decision of the selection committee will be final, and no further appeal or representation will be entertained in this regard.
The following documents require in order to successfully apply for the scholarship opportunity presented by the West Bengal State:
- Marksheets for Class 10 and 12
- A merit card rank certificate
- It authorized a domicile certificate.
- Income certificate of the family
- The last date to apply for the state Freeship Scheme 2021-22 is 31st March 2023.
Also Read: West Bengal Career Guidance Portal
West Bengal Freeship Scheme 2023 Application Process
Here are the steps to apply for the West Bengal Freeship Scheme online:
- Go to the WB Freeship website of the “West Bengal Freeship Scheme (WBFS)”
- Click on “Register here” from the Applicant Login section.
- Download and read the user manual and instructions carefully, and agree to the terms to proceed with registration.
- Fill in the registration form and submit it.
- An OTP will send to your mobile number for authentication. After successful verification, your registration will be complete.
- An Applicant ID will generate and sent to your email. Keep it safe for future use.
- Log in with your Applicant ID, password, and security code.
- Click on “Edit Profile” or “Edit Application” to continue the application process.
- Fill in the Basic Details form, upload the required image and signature files, and save it.
- Fill in the Personal Details form and save it.
- Upload the necessary scanned supporting documents and submit the profile.
- After successful submission, a success message will display, and you can download the application details.
- Click on “Final Submit Application” to complete the application process.
- A success message will display upon successful submission.
If you want to log in to the official website then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:
- Go to the official website of the “West Bengal Freeship Scheme (WBFS)”
- The home page will open on your screen and you will have to enter the information related to your login ID and password.
- Enter the verification code and click on login to log in successfully.
West Bengal Freeship Scheme 2023 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The West Bengal Freeship Scheme 2023 was created in order to provide financial benefits to people who are doing really well in their academics. The student with good marks in their National entrance exam will be getting the opportunities.
Students who are permanent residents of West Bengal and are pursuing higher education in government-aided or self-financing colleges/institutes in the state, and whose family income is less than or equal to Rs. 2.5 lakhs per annum are eligible for the scheme.
The applicants need to visit the official portal of the West Bengal scholarship and then apply for the scheme by following the application procedure provided above.
Some of the necessary documents required to apply for the West Bengal Freeship Scheme 2023 are – an Aadhaar card, caste certificate, income certificate, mark sheets, admission receipt, bank account details, etc.
Under the West Bengal Freeship Scheme 2023, eligible students will receive financial assistance of up to Rs. 10,000 per annum, which will be directly credited to their bank accounts.