In order to gain some extra experience before diving into the real world, internship programs are created by the Institutions so that the students can participate in them and build their resumes accordingly. One such internship which is created by IIT Gandhinagar is known as the summer research internship program. Information about the Summer Research Internship Program at IIT Gandhinagar 2023 is presented below in order to help the students to apply for the internship accordingly. The eligibility criteria to apply for the Summer Research internship program is very simple and it only requires you to be a part of the Institution. The students must be pursuing their bachelor’s or master from the institute.
What Is Summer Research Internship Program?
Summer internships are a great way to channel your energy into something productive and get a few incentives also so that you can kick-start your side projects or even your career. A new Summer Research internship program is created by the Indian Institute of Technology which is situated in Gandhinagar for students who are currently pursuing a bachelor’s or a master’s degree. 8 weeks of Summer break is provided by the IIT organization and in those 8 weeks the students can make or break their future. The students can fill out the application form for the internship program by visiting the official portal created by IIT Gandhinagar before the last date of 5th April in order to be considered to be one of the people participating in the internship.
Also Read: Lexlife India Internship
- Application Start Date – 10th February 2023
- Application End Date – 5th March 2023
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for the program:-
- Students pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree at a prominent institution in India.
- At least 8 weeks within the summer break of IITGN. The last date for receiving applications is March 5, 2023.
- Applicants are required to work with an IITGN faculty. Applicants are advised to review the list of participating faculty along with the description of projects being offered.
- Applicants may apply for internships based on their interests and prior experience. They are free to apply for projects outside of their declared degree specializations.
- Applicants will be required to make a presentation to the institute and submit a report at the end of the tenure.
- In the present scenario, SRIP 2023 will be conducted in the offline mode.
- In-person/offline mode: In this mode, the students are expected to work on the project in person and interact with the faculty mentor on a regular basis while staying on campus. This mode is open to all students (Internal and External). The interns will be entitled to receive a stipend and a certificate on successful completion of the internship.
Benefits Of Internship Program
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this prestigious scheme:-
- A weekly stipend of Rs. 2000 will be paid after the completion of the internship. The stipend for faculty-funded projects, however, may vary.
- Hostel accommodation will be provided to the summer interns and students are required to pay the applicable hostel charges.
Also Check: Digital India Internship
Summer Research Internship Program 2023 Application Process
To apply for the internship program you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You need to visit the Summer Research Internship website of the portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen
- The details related to the internship program will open on your screen.
- You can now click on the Apply Now button accordingly
- The application form will open on your screen
- You have to fill out the application form with important information.
- Make sure to upload all of the documents
- Now you will be eligible to apply for the internship program.
Terms and Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions in order to successfully apply for the internship program:-
- Applicants will be required to make a presentation to the institute and submit a report at the end of their tenure.
- Applicants are advised to review the list of participating faculty along with the description of projects being offered.
- Applicants can apply for internships based on their interests and prior experience. They are free to apply for projects outside of their declared degree specializations.
- In the present scenario, SRIP 2023 will be conducted in offline mode. In this mode, the students are expected to work on the project in person and interact with the faculty mentor regularly while staying on campus. This mode is open to all students (Internal and External).
- Applicants should not send a hard copy of the filled application form to IITGN.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
- Palaj, Gujarat – 382355
- Phone Number – 079 2395 2800
- Email Id – email@example.com
Summer Research Internship Program FAQs
You are welcome to apply for the Summer Research Internship Program, at IIT Gandhinagar even if living abroad.
You need to apply separately for each project. Multiple applications are permitted if you are applying to different projects.
Students in the first, second and third year of UG studies are encouraged to apply. Students in their first year of PG studies can also apply.
One can search the internet to find more details about projects floated. You are not supposed to mail the faculty regarding this after applying. Such emails will be ignored.
The SRIP results are expected to be announced on the SRIP website and the emails will be sent to the selected interns by the end of March.