A new doctoral scholarship is presented for the students who are continuing their research and development programs in the universities allocated by the organization of AICTE. You can check out the eligibility criteria for the fellowship program presented below. Also you will also be able to check out the details related to the duration and the benefits which will be provided to the people who are applying for AICTE Doctoral Fellowship 2023. We will also share with you all the application procedures that you need to follow in order to be a part of the organization.
What Is AICTE Doctoral Fellowship 2023?
An AICTE Doctoral Fellowship presents by the organization of AICTE in order to help people to continue research programs. The students can apply for this prestigious scholarship program by visiting the official website of the organization of AICTE. The applicant can choose from a wide range of research programs available. They will be provided up to 35000 per month through the development of this fellowship program. The students will get support all throughout their research program. Apply for the fellowship before the last date to be eligible.
Objective Of Fellowship
The objective of the doctoral fellowship is to promote the research culture in the approved Institutions presented by the AICTE. The students who want to continue their researcher development programme can apply for the prestigious scholarship by the organization. They will be provided with a lot of opportunities to continue their education also. Students will also be provided with an opportunity to work with well-known individuals and collaborate with Institutions. The students will be provided technical Research Development opportunities so that they can do their own research and get results.
Benefits Of AICTE Doctoral Fellowship
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this scholarship:-
- The fellowship will be Rs. 31,000/- pm for the first two years followed by Rs. 35,000/- pm for the third year. HRA will be provided at the rate of 8%, 16%, and 24% as per the Government of India (GoI) norms as applicable in the city/ location where the Research Fellow is pursuing their research and is not provided any hostel accommodation in the institute.
- In addition, Contingency Grant will be admissible to the scholars at the rate of Rs.15, 000/- per annum to meet the miscellaneous expenditures.
- A maximum of 339 fellowships may be granted in a year. The number of candidates per technical university/another university would be between 3-18, subject to the availability of seats in the Research Center and the demand for a research Centre by candidates. The Technical University Wise number of seats is enclosed in Annexure A.
Some of the research areas in this Fellowship program are below:-
- Green Technologies
- Big Data, Machine Learning & Data Sciences
- Block Chain
- Artificial Intelligence
- Energy Production and Storage
- Electronics & Photonics
- Nuclear Engineering and Allied Technologies
- Robotics and Mechatronics
- Augmented Reality (AR)/ Virtual Reality (VR)
- Energy Efficiency, Renewable, and Sustainable Energy
- Electric and Hybrid Mobility
- Smart Cities, Housing and Transportation
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- 3D Printing
- Quantum Computing
- Smart Technologies for Agriculture and Food Industry
- Water purification, conservation, and management
- Public Policy
- Social & Organizational Psychology & Behaviour
- Cyber Security
Roles And Responsibilities
The Institutions will have to follow the following roles and responsibilities in order to apply for this fellowship program:-
- Technical University will assign one faculty as a Nodal Officer for the scheme who will act as an interface between the technical university and AICTE on various operational aspects of the scheme.
- Technical University will select candidates for the fellowship as per the laid down criteria.
- Technical University will update the joining report of the scholar on the online portal of AICTE along with bank account details and subsequently monthly attendance of the enrolled scholars through the online portal for the disbursement of the fellowship directly in the scholar’s account.
- Technical University will ensure that scholars must be registered in the Ph.D. programme within one year of the start of the fellowship after completion of mandatory course work etc. failing which the fellowship will be discontinued.
- The annual progress report of the enrolled scholar will be submitted online to AICTE for monitoring purposes.
Terms And Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions in order to successfully apply for this fellowship program:-
- Registration for Ph.D. is mandatory within one year from the date of joining as a research fellow. If a candidate has not registered himself/ herself within one year from the date of joining, then the fellowship will be discontinued his/ her registration for Ph.D.
- In the cases where the fellowship has been discontinued as per clause (a) above, the fellowship may be resumed after the registration in Ph.D. However, the maximum tenure of fellowship in such cases will be limited to as mentioned in clause 4.0 above.
- The awardees shall submit an annual report on the progress, each year through the Research Supervisor, Head of the Department, and Head of the Institute to AICTE.
- The final progress report should be submitted by the awardees through the Head of the Department / Institution to the AICTE.
- The awardees shall not be allowed the transfer of award from the Institution where the awardees are presently working for Ph.D. during the entire tenure of the award.
- The awardees shall devote full-time to research during the tenure of the fellowship and will not be permitted to take any part-time/ full-time assignment. He/ She will not accept any salary, fellowship, or any type of financial assistance offered during the tenure of fellowship through any other source. Otherwise, the entire amount of the fellowship will have to be refunded. The nature of the candidature (Full-time AICTE sponsored Doctoral Fellow) will not be changed during the program.
- The awardees shall give a declaration that if the results of the research are such that can be exploited commercially by taking a patent or otherwise, commercial exploitation and patent rights should be with the Institute, candidate, and supervisor. However, the rules of respective research institutes, if any, in this regard will be applicable.
- AICTE online portal will have a mechanism for the purpose of releasing fellowship/ HRA/ contingency etc. amounts directly in the bank account of the beneficiary through DBT.
- The service conditions as notified by the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development vide F. Number 15-2/2019-TC dated 16.07.2019 shall be applicable to awardees.
- If the progress of the candidate is not satisfactory as reported by the supervisor/ Head of the Department /Head of the Research Institute/ University, the fellowship of the candidate will be terminated with immediate effect. This will not be revoked under any circumstances.
- The Ph.D. rules/ regulations of the research institute and affiliating University will be applicable to all admitted candidates under this scheme.
- No separate/ fixed medical assistance is provided. However, the fellow may avail of the medical facilities available in the Institution/ University/ College.
- (i) Fellows are entitled to a maximum period of (i) 15 days Casual Leave (CL) and
- (ii) 30 days of Medical Leave (ML) in a year in addition to public holidays. They are not entitled to any other vacations.
- (ii) Candidates are eligible for maternity/ Paternity leave as per GoI norms issued from time to time at full rates of fellowship etc. once during the tenure of their award. However, the maximum duration of the fellowship will not be extended under any circumstances.
- Teaching Assistance (Work Load) Teaching assistantship of not more than 8 hours/ week may be given to scholars undergoing full-time Ph.D. programs under the AICTE ADF scheme and may include assistance in lab classes, tutorial support, etc.
- Action to be taken in case of leaving the course before completion. The awardees shall furnish an undertaking that in case of his/ her vacating the seat within the duration for which he/ she has been offered fellowship, he/ she shall be liable to refund the entire amount of fellowship received by him/ her till the date of his/ her leaving the scheme.
- The fellow shall not undertake any paid assignment during the tenure of the fellowship (Except in case of leave without fellowship for one academic year during the entire tenure).
- This scheme will supersede the currently executed NDF scheme on implementation
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for this prestigious scholarship program:-
- The fellowship/ HRA/ contingency will be granted to research scholars admitted to the technical universities in the identified thrust areas of the scheme.
- Technical universities will admit candidates in their research programme as per their procedure following minimum eligibility criteria as prescribed by AICTE.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.5 on the scale of 10 (or minimum 75% marks) or equivalent at both Bachelor’s and Masters. In addition to the above, the candidate should have qualified for GATE/ NET during the last 5 years. For SC/ ST/ PH candidates, the CGPA requirement will be 7.0 on a scale of 10 (or 70% marks) or equivalent.
- The candidate should be less than 30 years of age as of the date of admission to the respective technical university. However, an age relaxation of 5 years would be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ ST, women, and physically challenged categories in succession.
- The duration of the scheme shall be for a period of 3 Years. A further one-year extension (In two slots of 6 months each) may be given by AICTE on the recommendation of the respective technical university based on the performance of the scholar in the research work.
AICTE Doctoral Fellowship 2023 Application Process
The applicant must follow the following application procedure in order to successfully apply for this fellowship program:-
- You will first have to visit the official website of this scholarship scheme by clicking on the link given here.
- The homepage of the organization will be displayed on your screen
- You have to click on the Apply Online button present on the home page
- The application form will be displayed on your screen
- You have to fill up the application form successfully
- Submit the application fees of Rupees 500 for general categories and Rupees 250 for reserved categories
- Download the duly filled application form
- Post the hard copy of the application form to the following address-
- Nelson Mandela Marg,
- Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
- Nelson Mandela Marg,
- Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
- Phone Number-