Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship is a prestigious program that is presented by the organization to provide opportunities to people who are currently studying. The fellowship program is present to provide leadership opportunities to the students of India. Under this scheme, various opportunities will be provided to the students so that they can easily get a job in the 21st century. All the student who clears the eligibility criteria can easily apply under this scheme by visiting the official website of the organization before the last date. Check out more details related to Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship 2024 in the article given below.
About Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship
A fellowship program is mainly an educational opportunity that is provided to the student to pursue master degree. If you are looking to pursue an MBA then you can easily apply under Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship. Students are easily able to apply for this Fellowship if they have applied. Along with the different types of Fellowship programmed by the organisation award are also given to the people. The student needs to submit the application form before the last date to take part and this is a scholarship.
Also Read: SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship
Objective of Fellowship
The main objective of the Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship is to provide an opportunity for the followers to “learn by doing” what education really means. Fellows spend their time reading and understanding ideas related to education. They discuss opinions with their peers within the Foundation, take these ideas to the ground, re-examine them during actual experiences, defend them and many a time reject long-held opinions. The experience of teaching in the classrooms and interacting with children, teachers, and the community. They also get to observe teacher engagement forums at the block level through participation in different kinds of workshops.
- Fellows work at some of the most remote locations in India, exploring the nuances of public education in close association with government schools in rural India.
- They spend a minimum of 120 days in the programme in a government school classroom.
- Fellows are places in a school in one of our locations, where, apart from teaching they also engage with teachers, community, and education functionaries.
- Post the fellowship, fellows can continue to work with us in a variety of roles at the grass-root level.
- The Fellowship can culminate into a long-term career possibility with the Foundation.
- The Foundation needs passionate and committed individuals to work with us toward our vision of a just and equitable society.
Compensation and Benefits
- Fellows will receive a monthly salary of Rs. 37,000. Taxes and statutory deductions will apply.
- Besides salary, Fellows are cover under various insurances like Health, Life, and Accident Insurance.
- Apart from this, Fellows are also eligible to allowances such as Relocation and Housing Deposit Assistance (as per organizational policy).
Also Check: UGC Post-Doctoral Fellowship
If you are doing exceptional work in your current field and are now looking for meaningful ways to contribute to social change, Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship is for you.
- 4 to 10 years of work experience
- A degree in any discipline
- Proficiency in English and any one of the local languages (Hindi, Kannada)
- Applicants need to be below 35 years of age
- Willing to travel within the district and ready to post in the districts the Foundation works in
Duration and Commencement of Fellowship
Duration: 1 Year
Commencement: The Fellowship will commence soon
Stage I: Online Application
- Deadline: October 29, 2021
Stage II: Screening
- After the detailed application form is received, your application will be evaluated.
- If your application is shortlisted post this evaluation, you will be invited for the written test.
- In case your application is not shortlisted at this stage, you will receive an email intimation.
Stage III: Written Test
- Post evaluation, if shortlisted, you receive an admit card (online) to appear for the written test.
- You will be scheduled for a digital test on the first or second week of November’21.
- If you are shortlisted from the digital test you will be asked to submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP). An email asking for an SOP with a deadline will be sent to you.
- On receiving your SoP, we will schedule the first round of interviews with you.
Stage IV: Presentation and Interviews
- Personal Interviews: 2nd/3rd week of December 2021.
- 1st Round of Interview: 10-15 minute presentation to the interview panel on any social issue that concerns you the most. You can use Chart Paper/PPT or any other medium that you are most comfortable with to make the presentation. Your field observation experiences will also be discussed.
- Candidates who clear the first round of interviews will go to the final round of interviews.
Stage V: Announcing of Final shortlists and Offer
- Communication of final shortlist of Fellows (Through email): Within 15 days after completion of the interview process.
- Offer process: 2 weeks post announcement of the shortlist
- Upon successful completion of the process, you will receive an offer letter through email and a hard copy at the time of joining.
- Candidates selected for the Fellowship will have to revert with offer acceptance within one week of receiving the offer through return mail. They have to notify their existing employer about their Fellowship acceptance decision.
- The date of joining will update soon
Also Check: Community Innovator Fellowship
Application Procedure for Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship
- For Fellowship registration first you have to visit the Azim Premji Foundation website.
- On the homepage, you have to click on the “Apply now” button.
- The application page will appear on a screen where you have to fill in your details and upload your CV.
- After filling in all the details click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.
- On successful submission of the online application form, you will receive an email with Login credentials and a website link to a ‘Candidate Portal’. You can view the current application status in that candidate portal. A system-generate mail will also send to your registered email id for any action that is happening on your profile.
- Azim Premji Foundation
- # 134, Doddakannelli
- Next to Wipro Corporate Office
- Sarjapur Road
- Bangalore – 560 035
- Karnataka, India
- Phone: 1800 274 0101
Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship 2024 FAQs
The Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship 2024 is the fellowship scheme that provides financial assistance to students who want to pursue higher education
Applicants can contact the helpline number given above.
Applicants can apply under this fellowship by visiting https://azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in/
Applicants need to be permanent resident of India to apply under this scholarship