If you are a permanent resident of the Assam state then you will be provided with the benefit of the different types of schemes provided by the Assam Government and personally, if you belong to the scheduled caste category then you will be able to apply for the Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Sikkim 2023 after you have successfully completed your school education in the Assam state. You can check out the details related to the eligibility criteria and the other information related to the scholarship from the article provided below. We will also share with you all the application procedures you need to follow to apply for this scholarship from the article provided below.
About Centrally Sponsored SC Post Matric Scholarship
A new Centrally sponsored scheme is created by the Assam government in order to provide opportunities to the people who are otherwise not able to get educational opportunities to do the economical conditions in which they are living currently. This scheme will be helpful for the students belonging to the scheduled caste category and they will be able to fill out the application form by visiting the official website of the national scholarship portal. The people will be able to get incentives so that they can continue their education in Assam state through the development of this scheme. The benefits will be separately provided to the hostellers and other students.
Also Check: Pre Matric Scholarships for SC Students
- The last date to apply for the scholarship is 31st January 2023
- Defective application verification: 15 February 2023
- The Institutions will be verified till 15th February 2023.
- DNO/SNO/MNO verification will done till 28 February 2023.
Benefits Of Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Sikkim
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this scheme:-
|Group 1: Degree and Postgraduate level professional courses||13500||7000|
|Group 2: Other professional courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate||9500||6500|
|Group 3: Graduate and Post Graduate courses not covered under Group 1 & Group 2||6000||3000|
|Group 4: All non-degree courses||4000||2500|
Eligibility Of Educational Institutions
The educational institutions will have to follow the following eligibility criteria in order to participate in this scholarship:-
- Only Institutions/Colleges with the ‘AISHE Code/UDISE’ Code’ shall be eligible for the scholarship scheme. Based on the AISHE/UDISE Code of the institution, all details of the institution such as – registration, affiliation, and accreditation, courses offer and the number of seats approve for each course – will pull from the AISHE/UDISE server onto the scholarship portal automatically.
- All participating higher education institutions shall get NAAC/NBA accreditation before 2024, for continuation in the scheme from 2025-26 onwards.
- The scholarship benefits shall link with the Aadhaar-based attendance system. Therefore, the college/institution will maintain Aadhaar-based attendance on a daily basis and will submit attendance details on the portal.
- The institutions will submit half-yearly self-audited reports to the State Governments in a prescribed format which shall be separately issued.
- The institutions should be willing to honor the FREESHIP CARD issued by the State/District Authority through the scholarship portal and admit the student without insisting on pre-payment of the college/tuition fee or hostel fee. This would pay by the student on the release of the scholarship amount by the Government as per the provisions of this scheme. In this regard, the State Governments will coordinate with the institutions located in their respective States.
- Scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or postsecondary courses (Intermediate/Senior Secondary, Diploma, long-term Vocational Training Certificate, Graduate, Post Graduate courses, etc.) pursued in recognized Institutions/Universities/ Colleges falling in any of the following 9 categories:
- Institutions of National Importance;
- Central University/ State University/ Autonomous colleges recognized by UGC and Universities /Colleges recognized under section 2(f) of UGC Act;
- Deemed Universities;
- All Private Universities recognized by State/Centre;
- Private Professional Institutions affiliated with a recognized Central/State University and covered by a Fee Fixation Committee as mandated by Supreme Court;
- Recognized schools/colleges for Classes XI and class XII;
- Diploma granting Institutions as recognized by State/UT Governments;
- Vocational Training Institutes affiliated with the National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT);
- Institutions affiliated/ approved by the appropriate bodies like NMC/AICTE etc. or any regulatory body established by the State/UT/Centre. Provide that where a particular number of seats for a particular course have been recognized/authorized by the concerned regulatory authority, the scholarships shall be restricted to those numbers and courses
The applicants must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for this scholarship scheme:-
- The applicant must be a permanent citizen of India
- The applicant must belong to the scheduled caste category
- The applicant must have an annual family income of less than Rupees 2.5 lakh.
- Candidates who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in different subjects e.g. B.Sc. after B. A or B.Com.after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A. in another subject will not be eligible.
- All the children of the parents will entitle to receive the benefits of this scheme.
- The students must not be getting any other benefits from any other schemes.
Free ship card is also provided to the people if they are applying for this scholarship and you can check out more information about the card from the pointers given below:-
- All eligible students shall entitle to take admission to the institutions without prepayment of tuition fees and hostel fees as per the Scheme Guidelines. This Freeship card shall make the student eligible to study in the institution without pre-payment of the fees, and on the condition that as and when the amount is released to the student’s account, the institution would be intimated to collect the same from the student.
- The student shall, well before the expected date of admission, register for issuance of a Freeship Card on the respective scholarship portal giving the details like the Aadhaar number, the name of the course in which he/she wants to take admission (e.g. MBBS, B.Sc., Class XI, etc.) and an undertaking that the institution’s charges would be paid within 7 working days from the date of receipt of the scholarship amount in his/her account. For the purpose of registration of the Freeship Card, the portals shall remain open throughout the year.
- The verification of the income, caste, and merit details should be automatically done from the databases which are linked online for instant verification. The process should be entirely paperless. Until the above system is brought into effect, the documents may be scanned and uploaded which include: a passport-size photograph, copy of each of the certificates for diploma, degree etc. in respect of all examinations passed, Caste certificate duly signed by the authorized officer, valid Income certificate issued by the competent authority as prescribed by the State Govt. etc.
- After the registration on the Portal, if the student is found eligible, all States/UTs will complete the verification process within 30 days from the receipt of the registration request from the students and issue the Freeship Card through the IT portal, mentioning the course for which application is made so that the eligible students are not denied admissions due to delay in depositing tuition fees. It should be possible for the student to download the Free Ship Card from the portal itself. Once complete digitization of all the require certificates is done, such Freeship Card shall automatically generate immediately on registration, if the student is found eligible.
- For the purpose of admission, the Freeship card will remain valid for a period of one year from the date of issue.
- If a student wants to change his/her course before taking admission to an institution, he can do so by logging on to the IT portal and a fresh Freeship Card shall be issued automatically for all eligible students.
- In case of renewal students, there shall be no need for new registration for the Freeship card, and a card once issued to him/her shall be valid for the entire course duration.
The applicant will have to go through the following selection procedure in order for the scholarship program:-
- All the eligible OBC/EBC/DNT candidates will be given scholarships subject to the condition of eligibility prescribed in the Scheme, Candidates belonging to one State, but studying in another State will be awarded scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authorities in that State. In the matter of exemption from fees or other concessions also, they will be treated as studying in their own State.
- The award once made will be payable up to the completion of the course subject to satisfactory academic performance and attendance of 75% in every academic year. The attendance will be verified through the Aadhaar-based attendance System.
- If a scholar is unable to appear in the annual examination owing to illness, the award may renew subject to the production of a medical certificate from the prescribed authority and acceptance of the same by the institution /college.
- If according to the Regulations of a University/Institution, a student is promote to the next higher class even though he/she may not have actually pass in the lower class and is required to take an examination of the junior class again after some time, he/she will be entitled to a scholarship for the class to which he/she has promoted if the student is otherwise eligible for the scholarship. Further, in case a student fails in any class and then again joins the same class as a regular student, he/she will be eligible for a scholarship for one additional year or the actual period, whichever is lower.
Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Sikkim 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the Centrally Sponsored website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details, etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form will display on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID, etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will successfully submit.
Check Application Status
If you want to check the application status then you will have to follow the simple procedure given:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called Previous Year Application Status.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- You need to select your year from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Enter your application ID and password.
- Click on the option called Submit.
- The application status will open on your screen.
- 0120 – 6619540
You can apply for the Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Sikkim 2023 by visiting the national scholarship portal.
The applicant must be a permanent resident of Sikkim and belong to the SC category in order to apply for the Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Sikkim 2023.
The applicant will be provided different financial opportunities when they are applying for the Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Sikkim 2023.
You can contact the authorities at 0120 – 6619540 for help related to the scholarship.