Charles Wallace trusts were established in the year 1981 and since then a lot of scholarships are provided to the beneficiaries related to the eligibility criteria prescribed by the trust. Given below we have shared some of the most important Indian scholarships presented by this organization and we will share with all of you the details of Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships so that you can apply online. We have also shared the eligibility criteria for the Charles Wallace scholarship for Indian students.
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships 2023
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships 2023 will be helping the students who are studying abroad by providing them grants according to the various courses that they are taking. You can easily apply for this prestigious scholarship scheme by going to the official website of the scholarship and filling out the application form as per the eligibility criteria and with all of the important documents mentioned in the official notification for this scholarship. There are long-term and short-term grants available for the students as for the scholarships that they are taking.
Details Of Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships
|Name||Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships 2023|
|Launched by||Charles Wallace India Trust|
|Beneficiaries||Students studying abroad|
Types Of Scholarships
The following grants will be available to all of the beneficiaries of this prestigious scholarship scheme:-
- Grants for Doctoral Study in the UK
- A few grants are offered to Indian students who are in the final stages of their doctorates at universities in the UK.
- Their subjects of study must be arts, humanities and heritage conservation.
- The grant provides GBP 500-600 to fill funding gaps
- Grants for Short Research and Professional Visits
- Around 10-15 scholars receive grants of GBP 1400 to cover the costs of short research or professional visits. These grants are generally sufficient for up to three weeks. Those who are planning to stay longer in the UK need to supplement CWIT’s grant from other sources, like the Indian Council for Historical Research’s grant.
- The grants do not cover international fares and are payable on arrival in the UK.
- It is meant for those working in the fields of history, literature, archaeology, history of art, philosophy, performing and creative arts.
- Long-term Grants- Up to 10 long-term grants are awarded annually to mid-career practitioners who wish to study or gain more exposure. The awards cover accommodation and living costs in the UK, fees and a contribution to international fares, and generally last from 2-3 months to a year. CWIT grants do not support two-year courses.
- Visiting Fellowships- CWIT provides 10 fellowships to qualified translators, writers, and academicians who wish to spend 2-3 months at a particular host university. Fellows have to contribute to the host institution’s requirements by presenting one’s research or leading a seminar.
Common Eligibility Guidelines
The applicants must fulfil the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scheme:-
- The applicants should be studying in disciplines covered by CWIT
- They should be Indian citizens domiciled in India
- Applicants must not have received any CWIT grant in the last five years
Grant-Specific Eligibility Guidelines
In addition to the common criteria listed above, candidates must also fulfill the specific eligibility criteria for their chosen grant:-
|Grant Name||Age Band||Other Requirement (s)|
|Grants for Doctoral Studies||25-38 years||Return to India on completion of the course|
|Short Research & Professional Visiting||25-45 years||Proficiency in English; Completion of studies or 4+ years of experience; Project proposal|
|Long Term Grants||25-38 years||Degree/diploma in a specialized course; Work experience (preferred)|
|Visiting Fellowships||25-45 years||Completion of studies or 4+ years of work experience; Project proposal|
The Charles Wallace India Trust covers the following fields of study:-
- Visual Arts
- Performance (e.g. Dance, Drama, Music, Directing)
- Film Studies, which includes Script Writing and Direction
- Art History
- Design (but not Architecture)
- Heritage Conservation
- Conservation architecture
- Management of museums and collections
- Management of heritage sites or projects
- Conservation of materials like metal, stone, timber (including armour, artefacts, and metal), paintings, film, and photographs
- Conservation of landscape
- Engineering related to the conservation of heritage structures
The following rewards will be provided to the beneficiaries of this scholarship:-
- Tuition and Fees
- Living Expenses
- Air/Travel Fare
The application of the candidates should further include all these details with the application form:-
- CV (including postal address, email address and photographs)
- Emergency contacts from India
- Statement of purpose
- How much time the candidate wishes to spend researching
- Name and address of two referees (LOR)
The applicant will be selected based upon the following selection procedure:-
- There is a selection committee for each grant/fellowship and they evaluate the respective applications. Shortlisted students are invited for an interview, upon which the committee makes its final decision.
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will have to email your application directly to CWIT London
- Applicants can email their application to the following address- firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can easily apply for the scholarship through your nearest British Council if you are applying for long-term grants.
- If you want to apply for the fellowship then you will have to apply through your own college or university.