The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India in partnership with Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) will be providing monthly scholarships to the students who are interested in providing advantages regarding the topic of solar energy. Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy Fellowship will only be provided to the students who are currently enrolled in full-time Ph.D. courses. This article will be equipped with information regarding the scholarship scheme so that you will be able to take part in it and get a monthly scholarship to continue your research regarding solar energy and solar power.
About BASE Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy Fellowship
This new and advanced fellowship program is only available for the students who have enrolled themselves in Ph.D. courses especially in the field of solar energy. This scholarship will be provided to the students who have not yet attained the age of 32 years as of 31st December. Monetary benefits will be provided to the students under this fellowship program. You can easily get this scholarship opportunity by filling in the application form available at the official website of the organization. This is a very prestigious opportunity only available for the students searching for advantages regarding solar power.
Also Check: Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship
Details Of BASE Fellowship
|Name||BASE Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy Fellowship 2023|
|Launched by||The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India in partnership with Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)|
|Objective||Providing monthly incentives|
|Beneficiaries||Students pursuing Ph.D. courses|
Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:-
For Student Internships
- The student must be an Indian citizen.
- He/she currently pursuing a PhD as full-time scholars in the field of Solar Energy, in a public-funded R&D Laboratory/S&T institution/ recognized academic institute (University/College) in India;
- Those candidates age should be up to 32 years as of 31 December 2019
- The candidates should be an Indian citizen with a PhD in Science, Engineering or Technology
- The interested candidates must provide proof of independent research work in internationally recognized academic journals.
- The fellowship program is open only to applicants working in the field of Solar Energy
- The candidate’s age should be up to 40 years as of 31 December 2019
- The candidate must have a permanent position in a public-funded R&D Laboratory/S&T institution/ recognized academic institute (University/College) in India.
Benefits Of BASE Fellowship
The following benefits will be provided to the candidates in this scholarship:-
- Monthly stipend
- Return air-fare
- Contingency allowance
The following documents must be submitted in this scholarship:-
- Latest mark sheet.
- Two letters of recommendation from a lab supervisor, advisor or faculty member on their official letterhead
- No objection certificate from Parent Institution
- Scanned copy of the first and last page of the passport
- Host institution acceptance letter
- A CV of US host
- Other documents (optional)
Duration For The Scholarship
The scholarship will be provided for the following duration:-
- Internship: Minimum 3 months and up to 6 months
- Fellowship: Minimum 3 months and up to 12 months
Also Check: QUAD Fellowship for STEM
Application Process BASE Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy Fellowship 2023
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You can download the official notification for the scholarship program by clicking on the link given here
- Read the official notification carefully
- Click on the link given here to go to the Bhaskara Advanced Fellowship web page for the scholarships
- The details of the advantages will be displayed on your screen
- Read all of the details carefully
- The applicant must fill up the application form with correct details related to their personal and Bank information
- You must also attach all of the documents related to the claim that you have made in the application
- The applicant should have a letter of acceptance from a reputed U.S. scientific/technological institution where he/she would like to undertake the research work under the Fellowship/Internship.
Terms and Conditions
Make sure to successfully follow the following terms and conditions to be eligible for this scholarship:-
- The recipient should hold a letter of acceptance from a reputed US institution/ University where the applicants intend to undertake his/her research work
- The duration of student internship ranges from 3 months to 6 months while the fellowship ranges from 3 months to 12 months.
- All the documents should be in ‘jpg’ OR ‘jpeg’ OR ‘png’ OR ‘pdf’ format & file size should not exceed 2 MB
- The applicants must be conducting their research in any of the following categories: Solar Photovoltaics, Solar Thermal, Grid Interaction including Smart Grids, Energy Storage, System Development and Integration and Any other area related to Solar Energy
- Dr Nishritha Bopana, Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum, Fulbright House 12, Hailey Road, New Delhi – 110001
- Phone: +91-11-42691700
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org