Destination Australia Scholarship for International Students was created by the University of Queensland to provide proper opportunities to people who are coming from different countries in order to pursue education at the university. Students will be able to apply for this prestigious scholarship program if they are International and want to continue their education at the university with a program of more than 4 years. You can apply for this prestigious program if you want to complete undergraduate, postgraduate, and other degrees available at the university. The study areas are open for students in agriculture, animal science, science, and mathematics. You can check out more information about the Destination Australia Scholarship for International Students 2023-24 here:
Roll of University of Queensland in Destination Australia Scholarship
The University of Queensland is situated in Australia and it provides a lot of opportunities for people who are coming from different types of economically backward sections of society. People who are coming from different countries can apply for this prestigious program and they will be eligible to get a lot of benefits so that they can discover their talent in Australia. This is one of the most prestigious universities which is available in Australia for people who are coming from the economically backward section of society because the scholarship is open for people who are taking admission in various courses. The Destination Australia Scholarship will be available for a period of 4 years or till the student completes the undergraduate or postgraduate program that they have taken admission.
Also Check: University of Tokyo Scholarships
Objective of Destination Australia Scholarship
The Destination Australia Scholarship is a scholarship funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment, and aligns with the National Strategy for International Education 2025. The main objective of this prestigious program is to provide opportunities to people who are coming from different countries to Australia in order to complete their education in different courses which are not always available in their home country. The Australian government is attracting students and inviting students so that they can support their studies in regional Australia and develop the educational system of Australia. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide opportunities to pursue higher education to students who are coming from the different countries available in India.
Important Factor Table
|Destination Australia Scholarship for International Students 2023-24
|University of Queensland
|International students coming to Australia
|15000 Australian dollars for each year of the course
To be eligible to apply for the Destination Australia Scholarship at UQ, an applicant must:
- be able to be classified as an international student in Australia, and
- maintain a student visa for the duration of the scholarship in order to ensure protection under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000, and
- Commence full-time enrolment as a new student in an eligible degree program at the UQ Gatton campus in 2023 (i.e. be new to UQ and/or be new to the eligible program of study), and
- By the scholarship closing date, submit all requested documentation to meet conditions associated with an offer from UQ for an eligible program (see Appendix), and
- Maintain ongoing residency in a regional area of Australia for the duration of the degree/scholarship, as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure (2016) from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (refer to the Health Workforce Locator map (ASGS Remoteness Areas 2016)), and
- Before payment of the scholarship, provide evidence of their residential address in the regional area of Australia each Semester (before the academic census date) through a rental agreement, utility bill, statutory declaration or other evidence individually agreed upon to confirm their residence.
Applicants will be considered ineligible for the Destination Australia Scholarship at UQ if they:
- Have not lodged an official UQ application for entry into one of the eligible undergraduate or postgraduate programs fully delivered at the UQ Gatton campus by the scholarship closing date.
- Have already commenced and completed at least one semester of study at UQ (in either an eligible or ineligible degree program), unless they seek a program change to commence a new course of study in an eligible program in 2023.
- UQ alumni commencing an eligible degree program in a different level of study in 2023 (i.e. Masters after a Bachelors) are eligible to apply.
- Existing UQ students (in an ineligible program) who seek a program change to commence a new course of study in an eligible program in 2023 are eligible to apply.
- Are enrolled in a program not listed on the list of eligible programs fully delivered at the UQ Gatton campus
- Simultaneously hold another scholarship from another School, Faculty or unit for study at UQ. If an applicant holds or has been offered another scholarship, the applicant should choose which to retain.
- Live outside of a regional area, as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure (2016) from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, at any stage during their degree program or scholarship.
- Defer, interrupt, withdraw or cancel their studies or enrolment in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate program fully delivered at the UQ Gatton campus. The scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Are a domestic student: Destination Australia scholarships are available for domestic students, on a separate application form.
Also Check: Prabuddha Overseas Scholarship
- AUD $15,000 per year
Benefits Of The Scheme
- The scheme will attract and support the students to come to Australia and continue their education despite their financial struggles.
- Students will be able to grow and develop in regional Australian education providers.
- Education will be provided to the people without having to worry about the financial differences that they are currently going through.
- Students will be provided financial assistance so that they can continue their education.
- Financial assistance will be provided for the whole course.
List of Eligible Courses
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science
- Bachelor of Equine Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science
- Master of Agribusiness
- Master of Agricultural Science (Agronomy or Horticulture fields of study)
- Master of Animal Science
Payment of Scholarship
- Payment of the scholarship is conditional on recipients meeting the obligations outlined at each scheduled payment date
- UQ will pay into each recipient’s nominated Australian bank account within 20 business days of the scheduled payment date in the first semester of study.
- If at any time the student defers, interrupts, or withdraws from their approved UQ study program (either before or after the academic census date), and they are found to no longer meet the eligibility criteria, their Destination Australia scholarship may be terminated, and any future scholarship installments discontinued.
- 18 January 2023 for a Semester 1 (February) commencement;
- 14 June 2023 for a Semester 2 (July) commencement
- A selection panel chaired by the Faculty of Science Associate Dean (Academic) (or nominee) will select scholarship recipients.
- Selection will be based on the Selection Criteria shown below.
- Wherever possible, UQ will notify applicants of the outcome of their application within three (3) weeks of the scholarship closing date. UQ reserves the right to extend the scholarship outcome notification period.
- Students will be notified by email if they have been awarded a scholarship and will have until the deadline specified in the email to accept. Students who do not accept by the due date will not be awarded the scholarship and will not be automatically considered for subsequent scholarship offer rounds.
- The decision of the Associate Dean (Academic) (or nominee) is final and no further correspondence will be entered into
- Students will be selected on the basis of-
- Academic performance (based on academic credentials submitted as part of UQ program application).
- Response to the personal statement in the online application form.
- UQ values diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from those who bring diversity to the university. The selection panel may take these values into account
Also Check: Stanford University Scholarships
Scholarship Application Process
- You will have to visit the Destination Australia website of this scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- The details of this scholarship will open on your screen and you can click on the apply online button to fill out the application form.
- As part of the online application, applicants must submit a personal statement (300 words maximum), outlining:
- o Why are you interested in studying in a regional area in Australia?
- o How have you contributed to your local community, and how do you plan to enrich the UQ
- Gatton community?
- o What influenced and motivated you to choose your intended study program?
Destination Australia Scholarship 2023 FAQs
You can fill out the application form for the scholarship by visiting the official website but you will first have to confirm your admission to the University of Queensland first.
The students must have taken admission in the University of Queensland in order to successfully apply for the scholarship and they must be interested in getting education in the prescribed University and the prescribed courses.
15000 Australian dollars will be provided per year to all of the beneficiaries if they are selected for the prestigious scholarship created by the University of Queensland along with other opportunities.
Students will be considered for the scholarship on the basis of the personal statements that they have submitted along with the online application and the performance that they are putting forward in the exams.