The Fulbright Kalam climate fellowship program is created in order to provide proper opportunities to the people so that they can address the climate change issues in the US and India. If you are someone who is enthusiastic in order to protect the environment in which we are living then you can apply for this fellowship program. The Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship 2024-25 will promote the objective of building a better environment and addressing climate change issues. There are different fields of study available in this fellowship program for the people. You can get a fellowship program in the areas like Energy Studies, Earth Sciences, Geology, Environmental Sciences, Renewable Energy, Smart Cities, Agriculture, Public Policy, Environmental Engineering, and Disaster Resilient Infrastructure. Check out the article given below to know more about the fellowship program and apply today!
Introduction of Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship
Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship is presented for Indian students who are registered to obtain a Ph.D. at an Indian Institute. This fellowship program is available for people who are working hard in order to develop a better climate for the people of the US and India. You can apply for the fellowship program if you are interested in learning more about the environment and want to create a better world for the people to live in. The people can check out the official website of the scholarship in order to fill out the application form and you have to make sure that you are following the eligibility criteria also. The fellowship program is only available for 6 to 9 months for all of the people so you can apply for the fellowship accordingly in order to gain experience to create a better career.
Also Read: MHRD Scholarship
Objective of Fellowship
The main objective of the Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship is to help the people who are working towards developing a better society for the Indian people and for the US citizens. The fellowship program will be available to get some experience in the field of climate change. The selected candidates will be affiliated with one of the US host institutions. The selected candidates will be able to get a lot of opportunities so that they can get experience in the field and then they will be eligible to apply for a career opportunity in the US also. If you are selected for this scholarship program then you will get a lot of opportunities to build a career. Make sure to apply for this scholarship before the last date to be eligible.
About Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship
Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship is presented by the educational foundation in order to help people to get proper opportunities related to climate change. The students who are interested in getting experience in climate change and the environment can apply for this fellowship program and they will be eligible to get admission to a US institute in order to pursue this further. Students will be provided Visa and other benefits so that they can stay in the US and work to create a better society and environment for the people of India and the US both. The students will also get experience so that they can get a job at a prestigious Institute prison in the United States of America.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for this fellowship program:
- Applicants registered for their Ph.D. should have conducted adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India and the U.S. Applicant must be registered for a Ph.D. at an Indian institution on or before November 1, 2022. On the online application form, one of the recommendations should be from the Ph.D. supervisor that comments on the applicant’s research, and the need for the fellowship, and must indicate the Ph.D. registration date and topic.
- This grant is intended for Ph.D. students to conduct research essential to their dissertations/thesis. Therefore, the expected Ph.D. thesis submission date should at least be three months after the Fulbright-Kalam grant end date. For example, if May 2025 is the grant end date, the applicant cannot submit his/her thesis before August 2025. Please indicate the Ph.D. registration date and the expected Ph.D. thesis submission date in the Applicant Annexure. The applicant can download the Applicant Annexure from the supplemental forms section of the online application;
- If the applicant is employed, s/he must follow the instructions carefully regarding the employer’s endorsement. If applicable, the applicant must obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the “Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period; and
- The applicant must upload a copy of the original published/presented paper or extracts from the Master’/M.Phil. thesis in the online application form (not exceeding 20 pages).
Benefits of the Fellowship
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this prestigious fellowship program:
- The fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, an Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, applicable allowances, and modest affiliation fees, if any. Selected scholars will have opportunities to audit non-degree courses, conduct research and gain practical work experience in suitable settings in the U.S. No allowances are provided for dependents. The grant is not sufficient to support family members.
All Important Dates
|July 17, 2023||Application deadline|
|Early September 2023||Field-specific experts review applications|
|End September 2023||USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome|
|Early November 2023||Interviews of short-listed candidates|
|November 2023||USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees. Doctoral research nominees take TOEFL|
|December 2023||USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement|
|March/April 2024||USIEF notifies the finalists about the FFSB approval|
|May/June 2024||Pre-Departure Orientation|
|August/September 2024||Program begins|
Also Check: Acumen Fellowship
Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship Application Process
The applicant must follow the following application procedure in order to apply for the scholarship:
- The students need to first visit the Fulbright Kalam Climate website of this scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- Scroll down to the “How to Apply Section” and click on the activated link for the application form.
- Please carefully review the FNMaster’s Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer to FNMaster’s Applicant Checklist before submitting the application.
- In addition, you must complete FNMaster’s Applicant Annexure and FNMaster’s Employer’s Endorsement Form (if applicable) and upload them on your online application.
The following things will be taken into consideration in order to successfully select the people for this fellowship program:
- Academic credentials and professional ability
- The merit of the proposed Fulbright project
- Communication skills
- Commitment to community or national service
- Need to conduct research in the U.S.
- Outcomes, Potential Impact, and Benefits
- Motivation, Seriousness of Purpose, Maturity, Leadership, Cultural Adaptability
- Ability to contribute as a cultural ambassador beyond his/her specific field of study
Tips for a Successful Application
There are some tips and tricks that you can use in order to successfully apply for this prestigious scholarship program:
- The applicants are requested to write an original application in order to successfully get the fellowship.
- The applicants are requested to submit the application form before the last date to be eligible.
- The applicants must have all of the important documents in order to successfully apply for the fellowship program.
- The applicant must submit the application form after 7 February 2023 only.
- The applicant must submit the application online only.
Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship 2024-25 FAQs
The applicant must be pursuing a PhD program in India or the US.
The applicant will be provided a Visa and they will be provided the opportunity to work in a US environment.
The applicant can visit the official website of the authorities in order to successfully fill out the application form for the fellowship program.
The applicants need their identification document and educational certificate in order to successfully apply for this solution.