If you are a scientist then you can apply for the Har-Gobind Khorana Innovative Young Biotechnologist Fellowship 2023. The selected fellows will receive a fellowship of Rs.1,30,000/- (Rupees one lakh thirty thousand only) per year for a period of 3 years in addition to a Research Grant. The candidates can check out the information about the fellowship in the article provided below. You can also check the details of eligibility criteria from the article provided below. We will also share with you all the details of the application procedure from the article provided below. You can also check out the information related to the fellowship from the article provided below and prepare accordingly.
About Har-Gobind Khorana Innovative Young Biotechnologist Fellowship 2023
The Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India has created the Har Gobind Khorana-Innovative young Biotechnologist Fellowship (IYBF). This is an attractive Research Fellowship to identify and nurture outstanding young scientists. The applicants must be below the age of 35 years and they must have innovative ideas and the desire to pursue research in areas of biotechnology or any other biotechnology-related field if they want to be a part of this fellowship program. If you are a scientist with regular employment then only you are eligible to apply for this prestigious fellowship program. This is just a program to help and encourage scientists to continue their full-time job.
Also Check: Acumen Fellowship
- Application Deadline – 25th February 2023
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for this fellowship program:-
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen
- The applicant must have a regular position in India
- The applicant must be below 35 years of age on the last date of submission of the application.
- Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for SC/ST/OBC, Women, and Physically Handicapped categories.
- The applicant must hold a Ph.D. degree in any branch of Life Sciences, Computational Sciences (applied to Biotechnology, Medicine, or Biological Sciences), Veterinary Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences.
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree in Medicine or Dentistry (MD/MS/MDS or IMC designated equivalent) and Engineering/Technology (M.Tech. degree or AICTE designated equivalent).
- The applicant must have an excellent academic track record.
- The applicant must have published high-quality papers in the best journals or invented technologies as evidenced by granted Indian and/or International patents.
- The applicant must have completed 3 years in India after joining of regular position in India and published high-quality papers in the best journals
- The published work after joining Indian institutions will consider only for screening and selection for the award of the fellowship.
Benefits Of Har-Gobind Khorana Innovative Young Biotechnologist Fellowship
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this prestigious program:-
- The selected candidates will receive a research grant including recurring (consumable, contingency, manpower, domestic travel, and overhead) support for a proposed innovative project.
- The selected candidates will also receive a cash fellowship of INR 1,30,000 every year for a period of three years along with non-recurring support in the first year only for the procurement of equipment essentially required for carrying out the research activities of the proposed project.
The following documents are required in order to successfully apply for this program:-
- Degree/ certificate/ marksheet
Also Check: Millennium Fellowship
Har-Gobind Khorana Innovative Young Biotechnologist Fellowship 2023 Application Procedure
The applicant must follow the simple procedure given below to apply for the scholarship:-
- You will first have to visit the Har-Gobind Khorana website of this scheme by clicking on the link given here
- The application form will open on your screen.
- Fill out the application form
- Upload all the documents
- Successfully, submit the application form
- Please contact Dr. Manoj Singh Rohilla, Scientist “E”, Department of Biotechnology at email@example.com for any queries related to the IYBF program.
Terms and Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions in order to successfully apply for this program:-
- The proposed project has to carry out in any recognize research institution/university in India having adequate facilities.
- The application has to forward by the head or duly designated competent authority of the host Institution or University.
- The project will operate by the fellow. However, capital equipment will be procured in the name of the institute where the fellow proposes to work.
- The financial transactions of the fellowship have to be handled by the host institute, which will be responsible for submitting the Utilization certificate and Statement of Expenditure every financial year.
- In case the fellow moves to other institutes during the tenure of the research project, with prior approval of the DBT, the project grant may be transferred to the new host institute.
- No objection certificate from the current institute and acceptance from the new host institute will be pre-requisite.
- IYBF fellows should not undertake foreign deputations for more than three months during the entire course of the project period.
- The fellow will be the corresponding author for any publication emanating as a result of the research carried out on account of the fellowship.
- Dr. Manoj Singh Rohilla, Scientist “E”
- Department of Biotechnology
- 6th-8th Floor, Block 2 and 4th-5th Floor,
- Block 3 CGO Complex, Lodhi Road New Delhi – 110 003
- Email Id – firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply for the Har-Gobind Khorana Innovative Young Biotechnologist Fellowship 2023 by visiting the official website.
The selected candidates will receive a cash fellowship of INR 1,30,000 every year for a period of three years in the Har-Gobind Khorana Innovative Young Biotechnologist Fellowship 2023.
To apply for Har-Gobind Khorana Innovative Young Biotechnologist Fellowship 2023, you must be a full-time scientist.
The candidates can email email@example.com for Har-Gobind Khorana Innovative Young Biotechnologist Fellowship 2023.