ICSSR Senior Fellowship is a fellowship for Indian social scientists to help complete their research. Indian Council of Social Science Research Along with the Ministry of Education launched the ICSSR Senior Fellowship 2024. This Fellowship will help the students complete the research on the themes of national and social concern issues. All the students who clear the eligibility criteria can apply for the ICSSR Senior Fellowship 2024. The eligibility criteria can apply for the ICSSR Senior Fellowship 2024 by filling out. The application form is easily available on the official website of ICSSR.
Overview of ICSSR Senior Fellowship 2024
The ICSSR Senior Fellowship is for students who are doing their research on national and social concerns. This Fellowship is for the students who are doing full-time research on national and social concerns. Students who clear the eligibility criteria can complete the application form by going to the official website. This Fellowship will encourage the students to research without worrying about financial needs. Before filling out the application form you need to check the eligibility criteria. To apply for the ICSSR senior Fellowship the student must hold a PhD degree.
Also Read: SERB Research Scientist Scheme
About the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
The Indian Council of Social Science Research is launching a fellowship for students who want to complete their research. The ICSSR Senior Fellowship will provide financial assistance for completing the research. The students who are doing their research about social and national concerns are eligible for the ICSSR fellowship. To be eligible for the ICSSR senior Fellowship the student must be above the age of 45 years. The ICSSR Senior Fellowship will provide financial assistance to the researchers to complete their research. This ICSSR Fellowship will encourage all scientists to continue their research without worrying about financial troubles.
Primary Objective of ICSSR Senior Fellowship
The main objective of launching the ICSSR Senior Fellowship is to encourage the students to continue their research without worrying about financial problems. Students who are doing their research about social and national concerns are eligible for the ICSSR fellowship. The duration of the fellowship shall be for two years and no extension will be considered. All the Students who clear the eligibility criteria can apply for the ICSSR Senior Fellowship by filling out the application form on the official website. This Fellowship is a great opportunity for all the students who are doing their research.
Key Highlights of ICSSR Senior Fellowship
|Name of the scheme
|ICSSR Senior Fellowship
|Ministry of Education
|Provide financial assistance
|Students doing research in National and social concerns
- The student must be above the age of 45 years and less than the age of 65 years
- The student must hold a PhD degree in any of the social science disciplines with outstanding research publications at the time of application
- Applicant must be an affiliate to an ICSSR Research Institute/ Institutes of national importance, approved by MoE or government research institute or public-funded university including deemed university
Benefits of ICSSR Senior Fellowship
- The ICSSR Senior Fellowship will provide financial assistance to the scientists doing research on National and social concerns
- Fellowship will encourage the students to continue their research
- The fellowship will provide INR 45000 per month to the selected students for the fellowship
- A contingency grant is Rs.40,000/- per annum irrespective of the pensionary benefit.
- The amount of energy will be directly transferred to the candidate’s bank account
Also Check: Lamp Fellowship
Field of Research
- Economics/ Development Studies
- Social Work
- Social Anthropology
- Cultural Studies
- Sanskrit Studies
- Socio-Philosophical Studies
- Gender Studies
- Health Studies
- Political Science
- International Relations/Geopolitics
- Public Administration
- Diaspora Studies
- National Security and Strategic Studies
- Social Psychology
- Legal Studies
- Social Geography
- Environmental Studies
- Modern Social History
- Media Studies
- Library Science
- Language Studies
- Research Proposal in the prescribed format
- Forwarding Letter by the Affiliating Institution
- Scanned image
- Scanned photograph
- Academic Marksheets
- Experience Proof
- No objection certificate from the previous and the proposed university/institute
- Another document as needed
- The value of the fellowship for unemployed and superannuated scholars is Rs.45,000/- per month and the contingency grant is Rs.40,000/- per annum irrespective of the pensionary benefit.
- Under Salary protection, a fellow is entitled to salary and allowances admissible as per rules and a contingency grant of Rs.40,000/-p.a.
Duration of ICSSR Senior Fellowship
- The duration of the ICSSR Senior Fellowship is 2 years and there is no extension in the fellowship
- The candidates are selected based on eligibility criteria
- Only the students who are above the age of 45 years and less than 65 years are selected for the fellowship
- To get selected for the ICSSR senior Fellowship the student must hold a PhD degree
- The student must fill out the application form before the last date
- Towards selected for the ICSSR the student must fill out the correct information and have all the required documents
Also Check: Prime Minister Research Fellowship
ICSSR Senior Fellowship Apply Online
- To apply for the fellowship, you need to visit ICSSR Senior Website
- On the homepage, click on the option called Program and Services
- Now, click on the option Fellowship
- Then click on the option Senior Fellowship
- A new page will appear on your screen
- Click on the option login to apply
- Fill out all the required documents and click on submit to complete your process
- All applicants are requested to take a printout of the application submitted online and send the same along with its attachments to the ICSSR within 10 days from the last date of the submission of the application. Please send these documents through Speed Post to the “In charge, RFS Division, Indian Council of Social Science Research, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi – 110067”.
- In case, the hard copy of the application is not received within 10 days, the candidature of the applicant may be treated as cancelled.
- The Research Proposal should either be in Hindi or English (Use Unicode 8 (UTF-8) to fill the form in Hindi)
- One applicant can submit only one application under the Senior Fellowship scheme. However, he/she can apply separately for another scheme.
Process of Login for ICSSR Senior Fellowship
- To log in for the ICSSR senior fellowship first you need to go to the official website
- On the homepage click on the option login for applicant
- Fill out your username and password
- Now click on the submit button to log in successfully
- Tel.No. 91-11-26741849/50/51 (EPABX)
- Fax: 91-11-26741836
- Email to:- cc[at]icssr[dot]org
ICSSR Senior Fellowship 2024 FAQs
There are no application fees for the ICSSR Senior Fellowship 2024
The official website of ICSSR ICSSR Senior Fellowship 2024 is https://icssr.org/.
The ICSSR Senior Fellowship 2024 is for 2 years.
No, you can apply for the fellowship once only. You can not apply again for the ICSSR Senior Fellowship.
You can submit the proposal in English or Hindi language. Your Proposal should be in the prescribed format.