The Research Scientist Scheme was recently approved by the Science and Engineering Research Board. This scheme is especially for young scientists. Applicants who desire to get this opportunity may read this article. In this article, you will get all the information about SERB Research Scientist Scheme 2023. The application form filling process along with a direct link to download the application selection procedure, documents to attach, and more is stated in the next session of the article.
SERB Research Scientist Scheme 2023
The SERB offers an opportunity for young scientists to initiate and sustain research careers. This scheme is only for those who fail to secure regular positions after completion of the regular tenure of five years of the respective INSPIRE Faculty/Ramanujan Fellowship. Fellows will be called who won the award under the Research Scientist Scheme. Awards will be given to the scientists who are researching in the field of Chemical Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Sciences.
Highlights Of SERB Scientist Scheme
- Name of the scheme: SERB Research Scientist Scheme
- Launched by: Science and Engineering Research Board
- Launched for: INSPIRE faculty or Ramanujan fellow
- Benefits: Monetary
- Mode of application: Offline
- Official site: serb.gov.in
Objective Of SERB Scheme
The main objective of the board behind this scheme is to identify and provide a platform for the sustainment of the research career of INSPIRE Faculty and Ramanujan Fellows.
- Chemical Sciences,
- Earth & Atmospheric Sciences,
- Engineering Sciences,
- Life Sciences,
- Mathematical Sciences,
- Physical Sciences
Benefits Of SERB Scheme
Grant are provided to the beneficiaries for the period of two years under this scheme after completion of 5 years tenure of the respective INSPIRE Faculty/Ramanujan Fellowship as mentioned below:
|Overheads||Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum|
|Research Grant||Rs. 7,00,000/- per annum|
|Emolument||Consolidated amount of Rs. 1,20,000/- per month|
- The selection committee will constitute by the board for the selection
- Committee will first evaluate the performance of the candidate evaluation by the relevant subject expert committee during the tenure of the INSPIRE Faculty/Ramanujan Fellowship Scheme
- Personal interview will be held for the final selection
- The scholarship scheme is open for the INSPIRE Faculty and Ramanujan Fellows only.
- Applicants must complete their fellowship within six months before or after completion of regular tenure of the INSPIRE Faculty of DST or Ramanujan Fellowship of SERB.
- Age of the applicant should not be more than 40 years.
- This scheme is available to the INSPIRE Faculty and Ramanujan Fellows only once by a candidate in his/her career.
Note: Once your application is rejected by the selection committee you can not apply again
- Bio-data of the applicant
- Age Proof Certificate
- Qualification Certificate
- Award Letter (INSPIRE Faculty/ Ramanujan Fellow)
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant
- Endorsement Certificate from the Host Institute
There is no last date to apply for the scheme. Applicants can apply whole year.
SERB Research Scientist Scheme 2023 Application Procedure
- To apply for the scheme candidates should rush to the official website of the Science and Engineering Research Board
- From the home page of the portal, you should go to the “Awards & Fellowships” option from the menu bar
- Select the “SERB Research Scientist Scheme” option from the drop-down list
- A new page will open where you will find scheme-related details along with the application form format
- Download it from there or from the further session of this article
- Fill the application form with asked details like
- Name of the Applicant
- Name of the Father/Spouse
- Email address & Mobile No
- Date of Birth
- Ph.D. Details
- Post-Doctoral Details
- Details of Present Fellowship etc.
- Take a print of the filled application and forward 3 copies of the application to Dr. Harish Kumar, Scientist F, Science, and Engineering Research Board, 5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor, Vasant Square Mall, Sector-B, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
- Must forward a softcopy of the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Format: Click Here
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant Click Here
- Endorsement Certificate from the Host Institute Click Here
Grant can be used to cover minor equipment, consumables, contingencies, and travel expenses within India.
The tenure duration will be of 2 years only which is not an extension of INSPIRE Faculty of DST or Ramanujan Fellowship of SERB.
No, the scheme application form is open to submission throughout the year.
Yes, the tenure/ contract can be extended for one more year. It cannot be extended beyond three years under any circumstances.
No provision for providing manpower support under this scheme.