IGSTC Industrial Fellowship 2023 Indo German Science and Technology Centre, established by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and Federal Minister of Education and Research Government of Germany invites applications for availing industrial fellowships to encourage young researchers towards applied research, this was announced on the occasion of IGSTC’s 11th Foundation Day on 14th June 2021. The programme was launched at a virtual meeting in the presence of the IGSTC Governing Body Co-chairs & members, representatives from the Indian and German Governments, Industries and Academia.
SK Varshney, Head, of International Division, DST and Indian Co-chair of IGSTC, while congratulating all stakeholders, mentioned that the Centre has created a niche for itself by propagating into German cooperation in applied research and technology development by industries. This programme will bring talented Indian researchers to Germany to work with German companies or government institutes for Applied Science.
What Is IGSTC Industrial Fellowship 2023?
The Indo-German Science and Technology Centre was established by the Department of Science and Technology. This fellowship is aimed to encourage pastry students or resources in S&T with a good track record and an aptitude for applied research and technology development. The IGSTC industrial fellowship shall support young Indian PhD students and Post-Doctoral researchers in Science and Engineering for industrial exposure at German industries and industrial R&D Institutions. This program will bring talented Indian researchers to Germany to work with companies or government institutes for Applied Science. As fellows, they can create long-lasting relationships between countries for the future.
Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship
Key Highlights of Fellowship
|Organised by||Department of Science and Technology|
|Name of Fellowship||Indo-German Science and Technology Centre|
|Objective||To encourage young researchers toward applied research|
|Benefits||€ 2500 per month|
|Eligibility Criteria||The applicant must be an Indian citizen|
Objective of IGSTC Industrial Fellowship
The proposed programme aims to:
- Encourage and enable Indo-German collaboration between industry-academia and industry-industry linkages through outstanding researchers.
- Expose researchers to industry and industrial R&D enhancing interest in applied research.
- Create avenues for capacity building through doctoral and early career researchers in applied research through networking with the industry.
Benefits of IGSTC Industrial Fellowship
The financial support will limit to:
- PhD Industrial Exposure Fellowship: € 1500 per month;
- Post Doctoral Industrial Fellowship: € 2500 per month;
- Single round trip economy class airfare including visa fees and medical/travel insurance: up to € 1000.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The application should submit online using a portal on the IGSTC website at www.igstc.org. Submissions by other mechanisms will not accept.
- The applicant must define a detailed activity plan containing the objective, execution strategy and expected outcome for the fellowship duration.
- In both the Fellowships, the awardee will be hosted by the industry/industrial research organization for the duration of the Fellowship. Choice and acceptance from the industry/industrial research organization is the sole responsibility of the applicant. The applicant should ensure an endorsement/consent letter from the host industry/organization at the time of the application.
- The applicant having institutional affiliation shall submit NOC from the Head of the institution at the time of application.
- Applicants shall submit a recommendation letter from the mentor at the parent organization.
- PDF applicants not having affiliation with an institution may submit 2 letters of reference.
- The awardee will abide by the conduct, rules & regulations of the German host organization and the country. STC will not be responsible for the violation of any Rules & Regulations by the awardee.
- IGSTC grant is only for supporting monthly fellowship, round-trip airfare, visa fees and medical/travel insurance.
- IGSTC will disburse the grant to the Indian bank account of the awardee/parent institution in INR.
- The awardee shall commence his/her visit within 6 months from the date of the award letter.
- Extension in the duration of Fellowship shall not be entertained.
- The awardee/host mentor must intimate IGSTC through email/letter if the awardee discontinues the Fellowship before the completion of the tenure.
- Within 4 weeks of completion of the Fellowship, the awardee must submit a detailed Fellowship completion report endorsed by the host mentor in the prescribed format along with representative photos to IGSTC.
- The awardee must recognize and acknowledge IGSTC Industrial Fellowship in all online/print documents, communication, reports, publications, Ph.D. thesis, etc. on work resulting from the Fellowship.
The programme supports two levels of Fellowships:
- PhD Industrial Exposure Fellowships (PIEF) – PhD students (science/engineering) enrolled in any research institutions/universities in India and who completed at least one year of their PhD curriculum can apply for the Fellowship. Young researchers with high-quality research projects that combine innovative approaches towards new concepts and technological development in chosen industrial research set up in Germany may be considered. The duration of the Fellowship is 3-6 months.
- Age limit: 30 yrs.
- Post-Doctoral Industrial Fellowships (PDIF) – Postdoctoral researchers/fresh PhDs who have been awarded their PhD degree in science/engineering within 3 years of the application deadline by any Indian institution/university are eligible to apply. Outstanding researchers not holding a permanent position or having a career break are eligible to apply. Those who have submitted their PhD thesis are also eligible to apply. The Fellowship is granted to work in any industrial research set up in Germany. The duration of the Fellowship is 6-12 months.
- Age limit: 35 yrs.
The last date for the submission of the application form will update soon
India Science Research Fellowship
Application Procedure for IGSTC Fellowship 2023
- The applicant must visit the official website of the IGSTC Fellowship.
- The homepage will appear on your screen where you have to click on the Apply Now link.
- Now the registration page will display on your screen, where you have to enter your required details.
- After filling in all the details correctly click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.
- IGSTC Secretariat
- Ground Floor, Block – II, Technology Bhavan,
- New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110016, India
- Tel: +91-011-26543500