IIT Gandhinagar Early Career Fellowship offers scholarships for young Scholars to work on exciting challenges or research problems in a creative and interdisciplinary ecosystem. In this program, the fellows have access not only to the assigned department but to the entire research infrastructure and facility of the institute which prices interdisciplinarity. The fellowship is for applicants who aspire to have a career in academics. As part of the application process, the applicants will have to develop a research proposal in a prescribed format in collaboration with a faculty member at IITGN.
The applicant has successfully defined the doctoral thesis from an institute in India or abroad on or after January 1st, 20-21, and their research work should be rated highly with supporting scholarly publications. If you get to know more about this scholarship then in the article we will provide you with brief information about Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Application Procedure, Objective, last date, and much more.
About IIT Gandhinagar Early Career Fellowship 2023
IIT Gandhinagar has launched an “Early Career Fellowship” for young scholars that will allow them to not only access a department but the entire research infrastructure and facilities of the Institute. As part of this Fellowship, fellows will receive around Rs- 1,00,000 per month. IITGN-ECF is designed to offer these possibilities and support young scholars in their pursuit of excellence with the possibility of extraordinary personal and professional growth. IITGN-ECF would prepare you for an independent futuristic Academy career. The Early Career Fellowship Program demands an outstanding academic track record with Limited opportunities for the year 2022.
While the expectations from the candidates are very high, the Institute is committed to providing necessary support along with a conducive environment to achieve the goals. Fellows are expected to reach higher scales in their research outcome with significant Impact, and that will be supported through exposure to networking from collaborative research, student mentoring, pursuing, entrepreneurial endeavors, etc.
IGSTC Paired Early Career Fellowships
Key Highlights of Fellowship
|Organized by||IIT Gandhinagar|
|Name of Fellowship||IIT Gandhinagar Early Career Fellowship|
|Objective||An opportunity for young scholars|
|Benefits||Rs- 1,00,000 per month|
|Eligibility Criteria||An applicant who submitted or planning to submit their doctorate thesis|
Objective of IIT Gandhinagar Early Career Fellowship
The fellowship gives an opportunity to work on an exciting challenge or a research problem is the dream of Scholars, especially when possible within a creative and innovative ecosystem. The opportunities presented to Scholars through IITGN-ECF offer access not only to a department but to the entire research infrastructure and facility of the institute. The Institute commits to providing necessary support along with a conducive environment to achieve its goals. The fellows will prepare themselves to be fine scholars and academic leaders for tomorrow and aspire to join the top academic institutions in the country.
Benefits of IIT Gandhinagar Early Career Fellowship
- In IIT Gandhinagar early career Fellowship the fellows will receive Rs-1,00,000 per month (Rs- 90,000/- and Rs- 10,000/- HRA). HRA is to be provided only if the fellow is not availing of any on-campus accommodation.
- Professional development grant of up to Rs. 2.00 Lakh per year will be available that also supports international travel to attend conferences, workshops, training programs, etc.
- In case of relocating from abroad, travel reimbursement for self, spouse, and dependents if any plus cost of transportation of household goods up to a combined maximum limit of Rs. 1,00,000/- subject to the production of necessary bills towards travel. The air travel is limits to economy class and the reimbursement is subject to the undertaking that the Fellows will be associated with IITGN for at least six months.
- Fellows can submit individual proposals for financial support to conduct seminars, workshops, and other scholarly activities.
- The Fellowship will get award be awarded initially for one year. In case of outstanding performance, the Fellowship may be extended for another one year (that is, a total Fellowship duration of two years).
- As part of the application process, the applicants will develop a research proposal in a prescribed format in collaboration with a faculty member at IITGN. The plan will outline their research and professional objectives and must be endorsed by the proposed faculty collaborator. The applicants are strongly encouraged to directly contact the faculty collaborator.
- The applicant will also submit a personal statement describing their aspirations and expectations from themselves during this Fellowship.
- The candidates from IIT Gandhinagar can apply to work with a faculty collaborator other than their Ph.D. supervisor on a topic of their mutual interest.
- The applicant will provide the names and contact information of THREE referees who can objectively assess the candidate’s potential for this Fellowship.
- Applicants are free to apply to ANY discipline and can submit only ONE application.
The candidates should ensure they meet all the requirements before applying for the fellowship program. IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) aims to recognize outstanding researchers in their respective disciplines. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- They should have pursued a Ph.D. degree in an institution recognized by the Indian government.
- The candidates should have submitted their defense no later than January 1st.
- Their thesis should have received appreciation from supporting scholarly publications.
- The applicants should have either submitted their doctoral thesis or should submit it in the next two to three months.
- They should have exceptional research work.
The last date for the submission of the application form will update soon.
The following documents are required for filling out the application form for IIT Gandhinagar Early Career Fellowship.
- An updated CV
- Journal publications
- Conference posters/ papers
- Research grants
- Other scholarly work
- Research proposal
- Endorsement letter from the faculty collaborator at the IIT, Gandhinagar
- Degree certificates
- Contact details of three referees
- Journal papers representing the candidate’s work
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India
Application Procedure for IIT Gandhinagar Early Career Fellowship 2023
- The applicant first visits the official website of IIT Gandhinagar Early Career Fellowship for online registration.
- The Homepage will appear on your screen, where you scroll down to click the Apply Now link.
- After that the application form will appear on your appliance screen, where you have to enter your details which are given below:
- Email ID
- Biographical information
- Date of birth
- Mailing information
- Name of the faculty collaboration
- Ph.D. program status
- Date of Ph.D. thesis defense
- After filling in all the details correctly click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.
- Faculty members may endorse more than one proposal.
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
- Palaj, Gandhinagar – 382055, Gujarat