India Science Research Fellowship has been started by the Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. Under this fellowship program, application forms are invited from the researchers who are actively participating in research activities and hold a permanent positions in their respective countries. All those researchers who desire to pursue research in the field of science can submit their applications. Application forms are invited from the eligible candidates through offline mode. Detailed information about the India Science Research Fellowship Program including the step-by-step application process, eligibility criteria, a direct link to download the application form format, and other relevant information available below.
India Science Research Fellowship 2023
India Science Research Fellowship has been started by the Department of Science and Technology. All the fellows who get selected for the fellowship program will get funds from the department to pursue their research in India. This program is for a period of 3 to 6 months only. All interested researchers who wish to pursue research in Frontier/advanced areas of science including medicine and agriculture can submit their application in the prescribed format. The application form format is available on the official portal of DST. You will also get the direct link to download the application form format from this article below.
Highlights Of India Science Research Fellowship
- Name of the scheme: India Science Research Fellowship
- Launched by: Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Launched for: Researchers
- Mode of application: offline
- Official site: dst.gov.in
Objective Of Research Fellowship
The objective of the Department of Science and Technology behind starting the scheme is to invite researchers from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Thailand to pursue their research in the field of science in India.
India Science Research Fellowship Benefits
- Fellowship amount Rs. 50,000/- per month includes accommodation and medical facilities as available to host institutes.
- One-time contingency grant to Fellow Scientist Rs. 10,000/-
- One-time contingency research grant for host scientist Rs. 20,000/-
- Round trip air ticket by economy class from the place of employment in their own country to the Indian host institute through the shortest route
ISRF Eligibility Criteria
To apply for this fellowship program applicants must meet the eligibility conditions sanctioned below
- The applicant must be a researcher who is involved in research activities
- Applicants should be a permanent resident of one of the following countries
- Sri Lanka
- Applicants must hold a permanent position in their respective countries
- Applicant must desire to visit India to pursue research in Frontier/ advanced areas of science including medicine and agriculture
The selection of the fellows for this fellowship program completely depends on the proposal submitted by the researcher.
- A brief write-up describing the proposed research work
- A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Home Institution on the Institute letterhead.
- Copy of degree certificate for the highest qualification
- Copy of valid passport showing the passport number, photograph, date of birth, date of issue, date of expiry, and the residential address
- Latest updated CV
- Letter of Acceptance from the Indian host supervisor in Institute letterhead for carrying out the applicant’s research work in India.
- Reprints of two recent publications in refereed journals
- Two passport-size photographs
India Science Research Fellowship (ISRF) 2023 Application Procedure
- To apply for the fellowship program, researchers have to visit the official website of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
- From home page of the portal, you have to go to the what’s new section
- Now you have to look for the “Indian Science and Research Fellowship 2022-2023” link
- Click the link and a new page will open on the computer screen, read the announcement first
- Now you have to choose format option and download the application form format
- Fill the detailed information in the application form
- Attach all the significant documents as listed above
- Review the application form very carefully and submit the application to the INSA, DST aur respective implementing agency in your own country.
- DST Contact: Dr. Charu Agarwal Scientist C, International Division Department of Science & Technology (DST) Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road New Delhi – 110016 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- INSA Contact: The Executive Director Indian National Science Academy (INSA) Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg New Delhi-110002 Email: email@example.com