IIT Roorkee SAKUNTALA fellowship program has been started by the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee only for female engineering graduates. Through this fellowship program, applicants who have passed graduation degrees can take direct admission to the Ph.D. degree. To get the benefits of this fellowship program you have to apply online mode. Before submitting an online application must check the eligibility criteria and other important information related to the Sakuntala Fellowship program. All the information you are looking for is available in this article further including the step-by-step application process, important dates, rewards detail, and more.
About IIT Roorkee SAKUNTALA Fellowship 2023
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee invites online application forms from eligible women for the Sakuntala Fellowship program. This fellowship program is a unique scheme approved by the IIT. Through this fellowship program, students can take admitted directly to the Ph.D. degree program without pursuing a PG degree. The major relaxation of this program is that candidates don’t need a GATE/CEED/National Level examination score. This fellowship program has been proposed in the 52nd meeting of the institutional research committee on 13 November 2021. The Program was approved by the 89th Senate of the Institute on December 9, 2021. Applicants can take benefit from this scheme in the coming session.
IIT Gandhinagar Early Admit Msc Programme
Highlights Of Fellowship
- Name of the scheme: IIT Roorkee SAKUNTALA Fellowship
- Launched by: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- Launched for: female engineering graduates
- Benefits: direct admission to the Ph.D. program.
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: iitr.ac.in
Objective Of IIT Roorkee SAKUNTALA Fellowship
The main objective of this program is to increase the number of girls students in the engineering discipline. Moreover, the scheme will help the institute bridge the gender gap. This fellowship program is a significant step align with the National Education Policy 2020.
Benefits Of IIT Roorkee SAKUNTALA Fellowship
- The duration of the fellowship program is of five years
- For the first two years, applicants will get 31,000 rupees per month
- In the next 3 years, applicants will get 35,000 rupees per month
- Applicants must be a woman engineering graduate
- Applicants must possess B.Tech./B.E./B.Arch./B.Des. passing certificate
- Applicants must have passed a degree from CFTIs with a minimum CGPA of 8.5 or higher on the lO-point scale
- Applicants must wish to get admission into a Ph.D. program
- Graduation degree certificates
- 10th standard certificate
- 12th standard certificate
- Aadhar card
- Cast certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Other important documents
Selection of the students for this program will be made on the basis of the interview held by the selection committee in the corresponding departments or other academic units.
- The last date of the online application form-filling process will update soon
- Enrollment will start at the start of the Autumn semester of IIT Roorkee
IIT Roorkee SAKUNTALA Fellowship 2023 Application Procedure
- To apply for the fellowship program you have to visit the official website of the IIT Roorkee
- From the home page of the portal, you have to go to the admission option and then select the doctoral program
- No, you have to look for the Ph.D. degree admission under the Sakuntala fellowship program-related link
- Select the apply online link and the online application form will open on the screen
- Fill all the necessary information in the application form like
- Date of birth
- Phone number etc
- Complete the application form and upload the significant documents as needed
- Review the filled application very carefully and check if any information is needed to change or add
- Now submit the application by hitting submit button and must take a printout of the application.