SERB Start-up Research Grant (SRG) 2022 has been started by the Science and Engineering Research Board. Interested new researchers who wish to pursue their research careers can submit their applications for the research grant. Application forms are invited from the eligible candidates through the official portal. You may check the eligibility criteria and other relevant information about the start-up research grant from a further section of this article. Also, you may check the detailed information before submitting the application form. You may follow step by step instructions mentioned below to submit the application.
SERB Start-up Research Grant 2022
The science and engineering research board is going to provide a startup research grant. Interested applicants who wish to pursue a research career may submit the application. A maximum of 500 candidates will get selected per year for the research grant. Grant will be given to pursue research in the field of science and engineering. Beneficiaries will get a cash amount for their research and relevant expenses. Check the rest details from the below-given section.
Highlights Of SERB Start-up Research Grant
- Name of the scheme: SERB Start-up Research Grant
- Launched by: Science and Engineering Research Board
- Launched for: Students
- No of Grant: Maximum 500 per year
- Benefits: Financial
- Mode of application: Online
- Official site: serb.gov.in or www.serbonline.in
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Physical & Mathematical Sciences
Benefits Of SERB Start-up Research Grant
- The scheme is beneficial for the 500 applicants across all subject areas.
- Beneficiaries will get research grant of Rs. 30 lakhs plus overheads for a period of two years.
- Grant will cover equipment, manpower, consumables, travel and contingency apart from overheads
- There is a standard cover for travel, contingency and overheads.
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen
- Applicant must hold PhD degree in Science or Engineering or M.D./ M.S./ M.D.S./ M.V.Sc. degree
- Age of the applicants must not more than 42 years
- SC/ST/OBC/ Physically challenged and women candidates will get age relaxation of 3 years
- INSPIRE Faculty, Ramanujan and Ramalingaswamy Fellows, Faculties recruited through UGC Faculty Recharge Program can not apply for the grant under this scheme
- Applicants need to apply within two years of joining the institution
- Biodata (under user profile section)
- Certificate from Principal Investigator
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of Institution
- Age Proof Certificate (Class X marksheet or Birth certificate)
- Category Certificate (in case of Age Relaxation)
Selection will be made by the authorities on the basis of the Expert Committee constituted by the Board.
- Last date of submission of application form is 1 March, 2022
SERB Start-up Research Grant (SRG) 2022 Application Procedure
- To apply for the program, you have to go to the official website of Science and Engineering Research Board
- From home page select “Login” option which is available in the top right corner of the page
- Now select “new user” option and application form will open on the screen
- Enter the details in the application like email id, password, name, date of birth, category etc.
- Read the terms, enter the security code and hit submit button given next to the blank
- Now complete your profile by providing all the necessary details including Bio data, photo, Institute Address, etc.
- Mention the proposal details like Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters), Budget (Manpower, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overheads)
- Upload the necessary documents and review the application form once
- If you find no changes required to make then hits submit button
- Take printout of the filled application form