Candidates who are pursuing Ph.D. can apply for this research scholarship presented by the organization to encourage research academics in our country. Given below are some details regarding the Kothari Fellowship 2023. We will share with all of you the step-by-step procedure through which you can fill up the application form for this scholarship. We will also share with you all the details of the eligibility criteria amount and the last date to fill up the application form. You will have to send your application form to the concerned address in order to be eligible for this scholarship scheme.
About Kothari Fellowship 2023
The Kothari fellowship is specially created for young researchers so that they can continue their research and academic careers through the implementation of this scholarship. The Ph.D. holders will be able to get the opportunity so they can master their skills and knowledge. The basic aim of this scholarship scheme is to encourage and popularize the research culture in India. Around 500 candidates will be getting Rupees 46500 per month in order to continue their research academically. The selection of the candidates will be done throughout the year and three years’ benefit will be provided to the candidates.
Also Read: Prabha Dutt Fellowship
Details Of Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship
|Name||Kothari Fellowship 2022|
|Objective||Providing research scholarships|
Duration Of The Scholarship
The scholarship will be available only for the following duration:-
- The Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship can be applied only for 3 years and at any time in the 3 years in the field chosen by the candidates, so the Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship’s time period remains open throughout the year and when the candidate is being selected for the Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship the candidate has to join the department and the mentor within the time period of 6 months only from the date of issuance of the letter of the award of the fellowship.
Benefits Of Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship
The following benefits will be provided to the candidates in this fellowship program:-
- Rs. 43,800/- pm for I year
- Rs.45,000/- pm for II year
- Rs. 46,500/- pm for III year
- Contingency at Rs.1,00,000/-p.a.
Rewards of Kothari Fellowship
|Ds Kothari Fellowship amount||The candidates in the Ist year receive a monthly fellowship amount of INR 43,800. The candidates in the 2nd year receive a monthly fellowship amount of INR 45,000. The candidates in the last year receive a monthly fellowship amount of INR 46,500 per month.|
|Contingency grant||An annual amount of INR 1 Lakh is provided to the candidates as a contingency grant.|
|HRA (House Rent Allowance)||The candidates’ applicable HRA as per rules would be paid in case hostel accommodation is not available in the institution.|
Kothari Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for this scholarship:-
- The candidate must have a doctorate degree in the relevant subject preferably with published research work to their credit.
- Only the Ph.D. awarded unemployed candidates will be eligible for the award of Post Doctoral Fellowship.
- The upper age limit for applicants is 35 years, and relaxation in age for SC/ST/OBC/Women candidates is applicable as per Government of India Norms.
The following documents must be submitted for this scholarship:-
- D. work summary in the prescribed format
- Concept proposal of the postdoctoral research in the prescribed format
- The CV of the Mentor in the prescribed format
- Certificates of Graduation and Postgraduation
- Certificate as proof of age such as a class 10 certificate
- D. Degree Certificate or Certificate by the Ph.D. guide/Registrar of University/Institute
- Original Certificate of Mentor on proper letterhead specifying that he/she is willing to guide the applicant for his/her Postdoc Research work in the prescribed format
- NET/SET Certificate if applicable
- Reserved Category/Physically Handicapped Certificate if applicable
Kothari Fellowship Selection Process
The applicant will be selected based upon the following selection criteria:-
- The selection process is open all year round in `…as and when…. ‘ mode and not restricted by any specified deadlines as thesis submission and award of Ph. D degree is an open-ended process. There is a rolling advertisement on the UGC website; other institutions and UGC affiliates should be encouraged to replicate it on theirs.
- There is a designated website (http://ugcdskpdf.unipune.ac.in/) to apply for the fellowships. The entire process is being carried out online.
- There is a standing (core) peer group that is able to access the applications on the web and grade them electronically. On the basis of the grades received (electronically) from the peer group, the Chair of this group takes the final decision. Since this is a promotional scheme to inculcate post-doctoral research culture, the emphasis during the review process/selection is on an appropriate mix of the candidate’s accomplishments at Ph. D level and the professional standing of mentor and institution where the postdoctoral research is to be carried out. In general, candidates are encouraged to move to other institutions and newer areas of research.
- The selection process has to be completed within 6 weeks of the receipt of the individual application.
- There could be up to 500 such awards every year, making it to about 1000 at its peak.
Also Check: Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship
Application Procedure Kothari Fellowship
To apply for the scholarship you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- Open the Kothari Website.
- The homepage of the website will open.
- Search for the Official Notification. or
- Click on the link given here to go to the official notification for the scholarship scheme
- Read the official notification carefully.
- The official notification also have the application form.
- Take a printout of the application form
- Fill up the application form
- You have to attach all of your documents
- Send the application form to the following address-
- The National Coordinator,
- Dr D.S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship Cell
- C/o Interdisciplinary School of Scientific Computing
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Ganeshkhind Post Office, Pune 411 007.
- Address: The National Coordinator, Dr D.S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship Cell, C/o Interdisciplinary School of Scientific Computing, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Ganeshkhind Post Office, Pune 411 007. India
- Phone No.: 020 25601406
- Email ID: email@example.com