Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship award will be provided to the candidates who are currently studying hard but are not able to continue their education because of the lack of financial funds. The scholarship will provide Rupees 50000 per month as an incentive to the beneficiaries of the scheme. The article is equipped with complete information regarding the Mahatma Gandhi National Scholarship 2023 including the eligibility criteria and the step-by-step procedure to apply for the scholarship scheme.
About Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023
Mahatma Gandhi National scholarship will be available for students who are below the age of 30 years and are graduating or post-graduate from a recognized University of India. This scholarship is available for students who are currently undertaking professional courses. You can easily apply for the scholarship by going to the official website of the Mahatma Gandhi National scholarship program. This fellowship will be highly beneficial for all postgraduate students.
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Phase 2 Launched
On 27 October 2021, the union minister for Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan announced the second phase of the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNFs). MGNF is a two-year program that has been initiated with the aim to provide the opportunity for the youth to develop skills at the grassroots. The fellowship seeks to combine classroom sessions at the district level with intensive field immersion by its academic partner – the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) to create credible plans and identify barriers to promoting employment, economic output, and livelihoods in rural areas.
MGNF Phase 2 Beginning
MGNF Phase 1 began with IIM Bangalore along with 69 fellows who are currently deployed in 69 districts across 6 states. Now, the beginning of the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Second Phase is going with 661 fellows from 9 IIMs — IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM-Jammu, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Lucknow, IIM Nagpur, IIM Ranchi, IIM-Udaipur, and IIM Visakhapatnam. These fellows will deploy to various districts across the country. This fellowship program is for young women and men in the age group of 21-30 years who already possess some level of academic or professional expertise.
Details Of MGNF 2023
|Name||Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship|
|Launched by||Indian Institute of Management Bangalore|
|Beneficiary||Candidates pursuing graduation and post-graduation courses|
Important Dates for Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF)
- MGNF admission cycle opens: Update Soon
- Deadline to complete application: Update Soon
- Written Entrance Test: Update Soon
- Case Study Analysis and Interview: 2nd -Update Soon
- MGNF Commencement: Update Soon
MGNF Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- For application, the student is required to be a basic citizen of India.
- The age limit of the student should be between 21-30 years to be eligible for the application.
- The student should be a graduate or post-graduate from a recognized university in any one of the subjects of engineering, law, medicine, social science, etc.
- The student should be interested in working in rural areas, and should also have three years of work experience in the social/non-profit sector.
- If the student does not have experience in this field, but he is strongly motivated to work in this field, he is also eligible to apply for it.
- It is necessary to be fully proficient in the official language used by the state.
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Reward Details
The following awards will be provided to the candidates in this scholarship:-
- Its medium promotes the skill development of the student and also helps in improving the economy.
- Through this fellowship, the two-year blended program hosts connecting classroom sessions at IIMs.
- Its medium to major benefits is that it strengthens institutions and improves link markets along with skill development, and also provides an opportunity to engage with schemes and institutions at the district level for development.
- After joining this program, the student receives a stipend, during this fellowship program, 50,000 per month in a year and 60,000 per month for 2 years, the candidate gets a stipend.
MGNF Selection Criteria
The applicant must fulfill the following selection criteria in order to apply for the scholarship:-
- Display a commitment and passion for skill/rural development
- Display an ability to work in a challenging environment with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Possess adaptability, commitment, perseverance and initiative
Terms and Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions to apply for the scholarship:-
- Up to 75 fellows may be recruited for the first cohort of MGNF.
- Applicants must be able to converse, read and write the local language since assignment to a state will be driven by the candidate’s ability to participate in the language of communication used by the state government.
The applicant has to submit an application fee of Rs. 500 to apply for the fellowship program.
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Application Procedure
To apply for the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- Go to the Mahatma Gandhi website of the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore by clicking on the link given here.
- The homepage of the organization will open on your screen
- Now you have to click on the Apply Online button
- The application form for the scholarship will open on your screen.
- You have to fill up the application form
- Upload all of the documents
- Now successfully submit the application form
- Take a printout of the duly filled application
MGNF 2021 Result
- Go to the official website of MGNF.
- The homepage of the portal will open on the screen.
- Now from the homepage, click on the option Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship
- A new page will open.
- Now select the MGNF 2021 Result option.
- Now we have to select two state.
- After selecting the state roll number wise selected applicants will open on the screen
- Admission Office, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore- 560076
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Do’s and Dont’s
- To apply for the scholarship program, the applicant must be of age between 21-30 years.
- The applicant must check eligibility before applying for the scholarship program.
- He or she must have a valid and active mobile number that will remain active in the most recent days.
- The applicant must have a valid and active email ID.
- Keep all the documents ready before applying for the scholarship program.
- Don’t wait for the last date to apply for the scholarship.
- Prefer using a laptop or a desktop for the application form submission.
- Provide all the details correctly and check the application form before final submission.