Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship 2023 When one of the world’s largest corporations happens to be a philanthropic organization, it inspires aspirations for a prosperous and sustainable future in a country with the world’s second-largest population. The Tata Trusts represent humanitarianism and personify the tremendous power that pushes new frontiers of social and economic development for people all throughout the country.
The voyage of a million smiles began in 1892, when Jamsetji Tata, the Tata Group’s pioneer, visionary, and creator, established the JN Tata Endowment for Indian higher education. Jamsetji, known as the “Father of Indian Industry” and one of the most influential founders of the contemporary Indian economy, established the apprentice system at work, crèches and elementary schools for the children of women mill workers, and free medical care for all employees. Other perks for his employees’ well-being that were woven into the policies of numerous of his successful companies included a gratuitous pension fund, provident fund, maternity benefit allowance, and an accident compensation fund for all employees – all of which were well ahead of their time.
About Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship 2023
Lady Meherbai D.Tata Education Trust Scholarship is offered by the Lady Meherbai D.Tata Education Trust to women (Indian) graduates to fulfill their dream of pursuing higher education abroad. The scholarship covers the tuition fee component. This is a merit-based, overseas master’s scholarship program for women graduates engaged in social work, social science, public health, and the welfare of women and children. Established in 1933, the scholarship has been following a rigorous selection procedure, with the trustees taking a keen interest in the selection process. Each year, up to 10 women benefit from this scholarship.
It is important for all the recipients of the Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships to submit proof of available finances, showing that they can cover their program’s fee and other living expenses. Furthermore, the trust will not assist the recipients to complete their visa process to the USA or UK.
Also Check: INSA-JRD TATA Fellowship
Key Highlights of Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship
|Scholarship Name||Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Scholarship|
|Launched by||Tata Trust|
|Objective||Providing scholarships to the students|
Objective of Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship
The Tata Scholarship is for individuals with exceptional intellectual talents who, owing to financial difficulties, are unable to continue their education. Various Tata Group companies, such as Tata Trust, Sir Ratan Tata Trust, Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, and Allied Trust, provide Tata Scholarship 2021-22 to poor students, assisting them in overcoming their financial difficulties. And leads them in the direction of a bright future. This page contains in-depth information on the subject. Its major goal is to give various sorts of scholarships in order to encourage high-quality education for students by providing financial aid to those who are financially challenged. The Tata Scholarship is available to all students who have a strong academic record.
Benefits of Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship
- A gift scholarship towards the tuition fee component, approximately between Rupees three and six lakhs per student, is awarded, depending on the performance of the candidate.
- Candidates selected for this scholarship will have to submit a clear copy of the ‘Proof of Funds’ or ‘Financial Capacity a document that reflects that they are able to support their studies, submitted for their visa application.
- Requests for a link for an application form will be accepted from candidates – Update Soon
- The last date to accept the required documents by the Trust office on the designated email ID – Update Soon
- After scrutiny of the forms, only the shortlisted candidates will receive an email from the Trust office – Update Soon
- Indian women graduate from a reputed university.
- Have a consistently remarkable academic record.
- Must have applied for admission/ secured admission to reputed universities or institutions in the United States, UK, or Europe for the year 2023.
- Work experience of a minimum of 2 years preferred.
After the evaluation of the applications, the Trust shortlisted students for a personal interview with the Board of Trustees. Information regarding the date and time of the interview will be conveyed to each student via email. Since the Trust’s headquarter is based in Mumbai, all the interviews will be held there. The travel expenses for the interview have to be incurred by the students only.
A gift scholarship amounting up to 8365 USD per student is awarded to students selected after the personal interview. However, selected students must show proof of at least half funding to cover their tuition fee and student housing in the USA or UK.
Shortlisted candidates will have to attend either a personal or an online interview with the board of trustees on a designated day and time between June and August, which will be conveyed at a later stage
- Salary slips of applicant’s parent
- Records of untaxed income and benefits during the financial year of application
- The Records of money earned during the financial year of application
- Records of savings, bonds, stocks, trusts, and other investments
- Income Tax return
- Current mortgage information
- Current bank statements
- The student’s noncustodial parent’s email address, if applicable
Also Check: Tata Trust Medical and Healthcare Scholarship
Application Procedure Under Scholarship 2023
- At the first step, applicants will have to write a neat and clean letter/email giving details of the course they wish to pursue, the University to be attended, the course fee required, sources of funding, and their current profile along with documents for the same and send it to the give Email Address- firstname.lastname@example.org,
- After that, they will receive an application form from the Trust
- Students are requested to submit the completed forms along with all the required documents by the deadline, at the Trust’s office at Bombay House, 2nd floor, Homi Mody Street, Mumbai – 400 001