If you are an international student then you will highly benefit from this scholarship scheme presents by the organization of the Government of Mexico. The article given below talks about the benefits, eligibility criteria, documents required, and the step-by-step procedure to apply for the Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students 2023 which is available for students pursuing master’s or undergraduate courses available in Mexican universities.
Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students 2023
The Government of Mexico has created this international scholarship for students who are pursuing different types of courses in the universities of Mexico. If you are an international student then you can apply for this scholarship and get various benefits to complete your studies through monthly stipends which will be available at the end of each month for all of the beneficiaries. Various benefits related to the international living cost will also be provided to the beneficiaries of this international scholarship.
Details Of Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students
|Name||Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students 2023|
|Launched by||Government of Mexico|
- All applications will submit before 3 PM (local time in Mexico City), September 28 (tentative).
- All scholarships are for academic activities from 1st of March to 8th of December (tentative).
Benefits Of Mexican Government Scholarships
The following benefits will be provided to the candidates in this scholarship:-
- A stipend of 4 (four) times the value of the unit of Measure and Actualization (UMA) for Undergraduate mobility scholarships, Specializations, Master’s degrees or Masters-level research, Spanish language, or Mexican culture courses.
- Monthly stipend of 5 (five) times the value of the Unit of Measure and Actualization (UMA) for Doctoral programs and Research periods, Postdoctoral fellowships, and medical specialities and subspecialties.
- Monthly stipends are not divisible or partial. The Scholarships will pay at the end of each month.
- Registration fees and tuition, as established by the program at each institution, subject to the final decision of the participating HEI, established in the letter of acceptance.
- Health insurance from the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS), starting the third month of the scholarship. The Scholarship recipient must have health insurance that covers both major and minor medical expenses and provides international coverage for the first three months in Mexico.
- The cost of the temporary resident/student visa issuance, for stays longer than 180 days.
- Depending on the reciprocity with the partner country, it will include a round-trip international airfare at the beginning and/or satisfactory term of the scholarship. The air ticket will purchase in economy class and will be considered the most convenient flight route for the Academic Exchange Office.
- Should the recipient of the scholarship pursue studies outside Mexico City, transportation from Mexico City to the host institution and back will be provided, at the start and end of his/her academic activities.
Duration of Mexican Government Scholarships
The scholarship is provided for the following duration under this scheme:-
- Academic mobility programs for students and doctoral students – one academic semester (quarter, quarter, or semester)
- Scholarships and Postdocs – 12 months (at least 1 month)
- Specialization -1 year
- Master – 2 years
- Doctorate- 3 years
- Specialties and medicinal specialties 3 years
- Several numbers of these scholarships are offer annually.
To apply for the scholarship you will have to follow the following eligibility criteria given below:-
- Scholarships are offer for full specmasterion, master’s or doctoral programs and postdocs. The offer also includes scientific mobility for undergraduate and graduate courses. On the other hand scholarships for special programs are offer.
- Applicants cannot live in Mexico at the time of application.
- Except in special cases, scholarships cannot begin in November or December.
- Requests for information and all scholarship applications must be submitted to the Mexican Embassy or to simultaneous embassies of the Applicant’s country or to the designated Mexican institution.
- Only applications that meet all requirements are considered.
- All documents and forms must be in Spanish or submitted with Spanish translations.
- Applicants will be informed of the results by the appropriate Mexican embassy or institution designated by Mexico.
- Scholarships are not transferable and can not be transferred to subsequent years.
The following documents must submit to apply for this scholarship:-
- Statement of purpose indicating the reasons for which the applicant is interest in studying or conducting research in Mexico
- Curriculum Vitae
- Affidavit of assurance to return
- Acceptance letter from the Mexican host institution
- Copy of the diploma of the highest degree received
- Copy of the transcript of the last degree received showing a minimum grade point average (GPA)
- For research grants, a copy of the academic document showing the applicant has finish or is currently enroll in a Master’s or Doctoral program
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of a valid passport or an official ID
- Original medical certificate issued by a public or private institution
- Letter of acceptance of the General Terms and Conditions of the program, with the candidate’s handwritten signature
- Applicants already in Mexico must have a current immigration document, with a Temporary Resident Student Visa
- If Spanish is not the applicant’s native language, include a certificate of an advanced level of proficiency in Spanish
- For research grants in a language different from Spanish, it is mandatory to submit an official communication from the host institution
- For research grants, the candidate must provide a certificate of an advanced level of proficiency in the language, in which he/she will receive the tutoring
Mexican Government Scholarships Selection Criteria
The applicant must follow the following selection criteria to get select in this scholarship:-
- Academic Excellence in the intended area of study
- The intended field of study is related to the applicant’s job and academic history
- The intended field of study has importance and relevance to the development of India
- Preference will be to candidates that:
- Have not previously received a scholarship from the Mexican Government
- Apply for courses not available in India
- Hold faculty or research positions at public universities and scientific research centres in India
- Are public officials in charge of programs of special interest for India
- In case of more applicants, preference will be given to applicants who have received admission in an institute ranked higher in the QS rankings (Source: MHRD)
Terms and Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions to apply for this scholarship:-
- All applications are made on a personal basis, and only one application per person is admissible
- The scholarship is not retroactive and will not cover expenses incurred before it is awarded
Application Procedure Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students
To apply for the scholarship you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- Click on the link given here to go to the official web page for the scholarship
- The details of the scholarship will be displayed on your screen
- You can download your application from the official website
- Take a printout of the application form and fill up the application form
- You have to fill up the application form and send application form to the prescribed address before the last day in order to be eligible for this opportunity.