An Accounting Knowledge Competition organized by Indian Accounting Association. In 2008 when the Association in its National Executive meeting accepted the proposal to organize National Accounting Talent Search Examination at the National level. The exam is administered at the Junior and senior level where UG students can participate in NATS at a junior level whereas for the senior level examination candidates age below 25 are able to participate. IAA will disburse the awards for the national accounting Talent Search at 9 different levels for junior as well as senior level exams.
About National Accounting Talent Search 2023
Now the competition is held in over 50 centers in the country. In order to ensure motivation to all participants, a special feature of NATS is the award of a certificate to all participants which is a multi-colored, laminated document bearing the photograph and parents’ name of the participant. If the candidate wants to participate then must visit their official website for online registration and in this article, we will provide you with information about eligibility criteria, objectives, benefits, awards, application procedure, or much more.
Also Check: Aryabhatta National Maths Competition
Key Highlights of National Accounting Talent Search
|Name of the program
|National Accounting Talent Search
|Indian Accounting Association
|Purpose of examination
|Motivate young talent which can help in appreciating the subject and cause of accounting
|Frequency of the exam
|Junior level- UG students senior level- all candidates below the age of 25
|Basis of selection
|Awards and prizes
|Up to Rs-15000 with trophy and certificate
|National Accounting Talent
Objective of Exam
The objective of the National Accounting Talent Search was primarily to motivate young talent to appreciate the subject and cause of accounting. Since 2009 the competition has been organized in all parts of India every day. It is an appeal to academicians and professionals at large levels to motivate youngsters in even larger numbers to participate in the competition and thereby to help enhance recognition of the discipline of accounting.
Benefits and Awards in National Accounting Talent Search
|Junior Level & Senior Level
|Rs-10000 + Trophy + certificate. Rs 15000 + Trophy + certificate
|Second best performance
|Rs-5000 + Trophy + certificateRs- 1000 + Trophy + certificate
|Third best performance
|Rs-3000 + Trophy +certificateRs- 4000 + Trophy + certificate
|Outstanding performance (all top 1 percentage performance)
|Rs-1500 + certificateRs- 2000 + certificate
|Brilliant performance (all top 10% performers)
|Rank from 50 to 90 percentile
|Rank below 50 percentile
|Certificate of participation certificate of participation
|Rs-1000 + Trophy + certificate————
|Brilliant performance (all top 10% performers)
- 100 multiple-choice questions to be attempted during 90 minutes.
- 4 marks were awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark was deducted for every wrong answer.
- The test will be conducted online mode. Candidates on their own should ensure the availability of smartphones, tablets, laptops, or desktops with good internet connectivity for participating in the examination.
Syllabus for National Accounting Talent Search
- Financial Accounting Cycle including Journal, Day Books, Ledger, Trial Balance, Adjustment Entries, Final Accounts, Rectification of Errors,
- Bank Reconciliation Statement, Depreciation Accounting, Accounting for Non-Profit Making Organizations, Accounting for consignments and joint ventures, and insurance claims.
- Partnership Accounts, Accounting for issue, reissue, and forfeiture of shares, issue, and redemption of preference shares and debentures.
- Costing Concepts, elements, and Classification of Cost, Unit Costing.
- Elementary knowledge of IND AS
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Basic Accounting concepts, Capital and Revenue, Financial statements
- Partnership Accounts: Admission, Retirement, Death, Dissolution, and Cash Distribution.
- Advanced Company Accounts: Issue, forfeiture, Purchase of Business, Liquidation, Valuation of shares, Amalgamation, Absorption, and Reconstruction, Holding Company Accounts.
- Cost and Management Accounting: Ratio Analysis, Funds Flow Analysis, Cash Flow Analysis, Marginal costing, Break-even analysis, Standard costing, Budgetary control, Costing for decision-making.
- Responsibility accounting
- Data types, Data collection and analysis, sampling need, errors and methods of sampling, Normal distribution, Hypothesis testing, Analysis and Interpretation of Data.
- Correlation and Regression, small sample tests-t-test, F-test and chi-square test.
- Financial Management
- Capital Structure, Financial and Operating leverage
- Cost of capital, Capital budgeting
- Working capital management
- Dividend Policy
Advanced Accounting and Finance
- Accounting standards: IND AS and IFRS, Responsibility Accounting, Social Accounting.
- Money and Capital market, Working of stock exchanges in India, NSE, OTCEI, NASDAQ, Derivatives and Options.
- Regulatory Authorities: SEBI, Rating Agencies; New Instruments: GDRs, ADRs
- Venture Capital Funds, Mergers, and Acquisitions, Mutual Funds, Lease Financing, Factoring, Measurement of risk and returns, securities and portfolios
Income Tax and Tax Planning
- Basic concepts, Residential status, tax incidence, exempted incomes, and computation of taxable income under various heads.
- Computation of taxable income of individuals and firms.
- Deduction of tax, filing of returns, different types of assessment; Defaults, and penalties.
- Tax planning: Concepts, significance and problems of tax planning, Tax evasion, and tax avoidance, methods of tax planning.
- Tax considerations in specific business decisions, viz., make or buy; own or lease, retain or replace; export or domestic sales; shut-down or closure; expand or contract; invest or disinvest
- Computer Application in Income Tax and Tax Planning.
Eligibility Criteria and Required Documents
- Any individual not above the age of 25 years on July 1, 2019 (born after June 30, 1994). Qualification is not a limitation in this case.
- Undergraduate students of Commerce, the management or any other discipline shall be entitled to participate in the competition. As proof of eligibility, a candidate has to furnish a scanned attested copy of the marks sheet of the 12th class, First Year, or Second Year graduation of 2015. In any other case, a certificate from the Institution head shall be furnished which will verify that the applicant has not completed graduation.
- Registration open soon
- The examination date will be updated soon.
Application fees for National Accounting Talent Search
- The Application fee for the junior level is Rs- 250
- Application fees for senior level are Rs- 500
- Deposit Rs Amount in any branch of State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur in the account of Coordinator, National Accounting Talent Search (Account No 61060736681), No bank charges are to be paid.
- Send a Demand Draft in Favour of the Coordinator, National Accounting Talent Search payable at Udaipur Rajasthan, and send it to Prof. G. Soral, Coordinator, National Accounting Talent Search, Department of Accountancy and Statistics, UCCMS, Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur- 313 001 Rajasthan
- You can make payments online via Debit card/Credit Card and NetBanking. We accept all bank cards.
Also Check: Scholarship For 12th Passed Students
Application Procedure for National Accounting Talent Search
The application process for the National accounting Talent Search is available online. Candidates know the steps to apply well in advance and are likely to complete the online registration with ease. The steps for NATS 2023 is as follows:
- The applicant first visits the National Accounting Talent website of the National Accounting Talent Search.
- The Homepage will appear on your screen where you have to click on the “Online Registration” link.
- After that you have to provide the payment mode, level of examination, mobile number and date of birth then click on the “Next button”.
- Now fill the following details in the application form
- Name of candidate
- Parents name
- Email ID
- Aadhar card number
- Upload the relevant documents and provide educational qualification
- Then after filling all the details correctly click on the next button and review the details and click on save and the next button if you find all the details are correct.
- After that click on the button reading “make a payment” and pay the application fee in online mode.
- Prof. Shurveer S. Bhanawat COORDINATOR, NATIONAL ACCOUNTING TALENT SEARCH
- Professor, Dept. of Accounting & Business Statistics
- Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur
- Email: email@example.com