To commemorate the 125th Birth Anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and to celebrate the 75 years of India’s independence, the Indian Council of Social Science Research invites research proposals from scholars of the North-Eastern States of India for the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Senior Fellowship. The fellowship for conducting full-time research on themes and issues of national and social importance. There are two fellowships with a duration of two years. It carries a number of Rs- 45000 per month with a contingency grant of Rs- 40000 per annum.
The broad disciplines of study, within the domain of Social Science, are:
- Social work
- Social anthropology
- Cultural studies
- Socio-Sanskrit studies
- Social philosophical studies
- Social linguistics
- Gender studies
- Health studies
- Social science
- International studies
- Public administration
- Diaspora studies
- National security and strategic studies
- Social psychology
- Legal studies
- Social geography
- Environmental studies
- Modern social history
- Media studies
- Library science
About Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Senior Fellowship
The fellowship program has been started by the Indian Council of Social Science Research to provide an edge in conducting full-time research on themes and issues of national and social importance. Monetary benefits will be provided to the selected applicants in this fellowship program. In this article, we will provide you with brief information about the fellowship, its Eligibility criteria, objectives, benefits, application procedure, and much more.
Also Read: SERB Core Research Grant
Key Highlights of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Senior Fellowship
|Conducted by||Indian Council of Social Science Research|
|Name of Fellowship||Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Senior Fellowship|
|Purpose of fellowship||Full-time research on themes and issues of national and social importance|
|Benefits||Rs-45000 per month|
|Eligibility Criteria||Scholars not less than 45 & more than 70 years|
|Application deadline||Update Soon|
Objectives of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Senior Fellowship
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Senior Fellowship is conducted by the Indian Council of Social Science Research for conducting full-time research on themes and issues of national and social importance. It is an opportunity offered to Ph.D. degree holders.
Benefits of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Senior Fellowship
- The senior Fellowship will be awarded to outstanding Indian social scientists for conducting full-time research on themes and issues of national and social concern. The selected fellows will receive a Fellowship of INR 45000 per month with a contingency grant of INR 40000 for an annum.
- Under salary protection, a fellow is entitled to salary and allowances admissible as per rules and a contingency grant of INR 40,000 per annum. However, special allowances like- children’s education allowance, medical reimbursement, LTC, etc. are not admissible from the ICSSR. However, the parent’s institution will reimburse the same as per its rule.
- The ICSSR also pays the leave salary and pension contribution or contribution towards CPF and gratuity for the period for which the candidate holds the ICSSR’s fellowship as per the rules of the parent institution.
The last date for application submission will update soon
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The scholar must possess a Ph.D. degree in any of the social science disciplines.
- He/ She should not be less than 45 and more than 70 years of age as of the last date of application.
The candidate will be selected based on the following criteria –
- Nominations are initially scrutinized and shortlisted by the ICSSR with the help of an Expert Committee.
- Thereafter, the Subject Group(s)/Expert Committee(s) will shortlist the meritorious proposals from the eligible applications.
- The shortlisted applicants are then invited for an interaction/presentation before an Expert Committee.
- After the interaction, the Expert Committee/s makes recommendations for the award by the ICSSR.
- Abstract of the research proposal in about 200 words
- Summary of the report up to 5000 words and published research papers
- The fellowship can be transferred from one affiliating institution to another on the request of the scholar under special circumstances with ICSSR approval, subject to submission of the following documents:
- A progress report;
- No objection certificate from both the previous and the proposed university/institute;
- An audited statement of account and utilization certificate along with unspent balance, if any
Also Check: Prime Minister Research Fellowship
Application Procedure for Fellowship
- The applicant should visit the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Website.
- The Homepage will appear on your screen where you have to click the “Apply Now” button and read the details carefully.
- Fill in the online application form including the required details or also the research proposal.
- After filling in all the details click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.
- Indian Council Of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
- JNU Institutional Area,
- Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
- New Delhi – 110067
- Phone -+ 91-11-26741849/50/51
- Email ID – email@example.com