Recognizing the importance of research and innovation in the creation of knowledge and livelihoods, as well as achieving global excellence in the new millennium, the Odisha University Research and Innovation Incentivisation Plan ( OURIIP) proposes a full-time Research Fellowship for the scholars in Odisha’s state universities by offering five research scholarships of Rs. 15000/- per month in each subject for five years or until completion of a Ph.D., whichever comes first. It is recommended that OURIIP Research Fellowship be awarded in 35 master’s level topics.
The candidate must finish his studies as a full-time scholar at any Odisha state institution and submit high-quality articles in SCI publications. Meanwhile, the OSHEC has invited young faculty members from various state public/universities and colleges to apply for grants from the state government, with 40 faculty members receiving grants each year.
OURIIP Research Fellowship 2022
Under the Odisha University Research and Innovation Incentivisation Plan, the state government has provided seed cash to young faculty members to do innovative and high-quality research. Instead of the current Rs-5 lakh in initial money, the government would offer Rs-7 lakh to chosen researchers. According to sources, the Odisha State Higher Education Council, which is implementing the University Research and Innovation Incentivisation plan, said Rs-5 lakh was not enough for researchers to conduct two-year rigorous research projects. After hearing the researchers’ pleas and reviewing their requests, the state government increased the seed funding amount.
According to the plan, any faculty members with a degree and working in a regular capacity in a state public University and college under the higher education department or the skill development and technical Education Department can apply for seed funding with an appropriate and innovative research proposal.
Key Highlights of OURIIP Research Fellowship
|Conducted By||Odisha State Higher Education Council|
|Name of Fellowship||OURIIP Research Fellowship 2022|
|Objective||The state government has provided seed cash to young faculty members to do innovative and high-quality research|
|Eligibility Criteria||Candidate must qualify NET Exam|
|Official Website||Odisha State Higher Education Council (oshec.nic.in)|
Objective of OURIIP Research Fellowship
The plan aims to fill the deficit in full-time research scholars at Odisha’s state institutions by offering five research scholarships of Rs. 15000/- per month in each field for five years or until completion of a Ph.D., whichever comes first. The state government has provided seed cash to young faculty members to do innovative and high-quality research. This is predict that to boost the number of high-quality research publications published each year by at least 150. Young professors will encourage to apply for a seed award.
Benefits of OURIIP Research Fellowship
The selected researchers and students will receive the following amount under the fellowship:
- The government would pay Rs-7 lakh in initial financing to chosen researchers under the Odisha University Research and Innovation Incentivisation Plan, instead of the current Rs-5 lakh.
- Candidates who pass the NET test will get a monthly stipend of Rs 15000, with a contingency of Rs 25000 per year for topics requiring laboratory work and Rs 15000 per month for subjects requiring no laboratory work. Each subject has a maximum of five fellowships available.
To be eligible for the OURIIP Research Fellowship the applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates under the age of 35 who have passed the NET are consider to have met the scholarship’s minimal qualifying requirements.
- Any faculty member under 45 years of age with a PhD degree who works in a regular capacity in a state-published university or college under the high education department or the skill development and technical education department can apply for seed financing with a creative resource proposal.
- For the fellowship to renew, the candidate must finish his job as a full-time scholar at any state university in Odisha and produce high-quality articles in SCI journals.
- In order to achieve equitable targets, 40 percent of fellowships will be earmark for female scholars. Other central systems are available to SC and ST.
The last date for the submission application form for OURIIP is the 30th of June 2022.
Application Procedure for OURIIP Research Fellowship 2022
The candidates who want to appear under the fellowship should apply by following the given instructions:
- Under OURIIP Research Fellowship the researchers who want to apply under the fellowship should submit their research proposal which contains all the necessary details which are required for the selection such as- about their NET exam score, the area of education, University or college where they completed the Post Graduation, about their laboratory work, about their research publications or research papers, and much more details.
- If your research proposal is innovative and impressive then the chances of selection will be increased.
- As you completed your research proposal, then you need to submit it through the email at – oshec(dot)hed(at)gmail(dot)com
According to Asoka Kumar Das, Vice Chairman of OSHEC, the Odisha University Research and Innovation incentivisation Plan Research Fellowship 2022, “The researchers would be chosen on the basis of their research ideas, with the best among them being chosen. A total of 40 creative research projects will be chosen from all of the submissions and will receive seed money “.
- A-11, Pustak Bhawan (2nd floor)
- Suka Vihar, Bhubaneswar,
- Odisha – 751022
- eMail: oshec(dot)hed(at)gmail(dot)com
- Pin: 0674 253 2941