Science and Engineering Research Board invited only online application forms for SERB SUPRA. Applications are invited from deserving candidates who meet the eligibility conditions. To get the benefits of the research work under Scientific and Useful Profound Research Advancement you need to submit the application. Application forms are available on the official portal of SERB. You can accumulate detailed information about the program from this article including eligibility criteria, the application process, important dates, and more.
About SERB SUPRA 2023
To explores new scientific breakthroughs, with long-term impact on our fundamental scientific understanding, and offer disruptive technologies at the cutting edge, Science and Engineering Research Board has started the Scientific and Useful Profound Research Advancement program. SERB SUPRA has been designed for high-quality proposals consisting of new hypotheses or challenging existing ones. Candidates have to provide ‘out-of-box’ solutions after the completion of the research.
Also Check: SERB POWER Fellowship
Highlights Of SERB SUPRA
- Name of the scheme: Scientific and Useful Profound Research Advancement
- Launched by: Science and Engineering Research Board
- Launched for: PI’s and Co-PI’s
- Benefits: grant
- Mode of application: Online
- Official site: SERB
Objective Of SERB SUPRA
The objective of the science and engineering research board behind starting this program is to provide support to the transformative and disruptive research concepts based on innovative and unproven hypotheses.
Benefits Of SERB SUPRA
- The duration of the project funding will be of 3 years which can be extended further up to 5 years
- The research grant is provided for equipment, manpower, consumables, travel, and contingency along with overheads for implementing instruction.
Principle investigators and/or co-principal investigators who meet the below-given conditions can submit the application
- Must possess Ph.D degree in Science, mathematics, engineering or M.D./ M.S./ M.D.S./ M.V.Sc. degree
- Should be an Indian citizen or OCI and NRI who made the eligibility criteria notified by SERB
- Must hold regular academic/ research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in any other recognized R&D institution in India with at least last 5 years of service remaining
- Private academic Institutes recognized by UGC/ AICTE/ PCI approval private R&D institutions with valid DSIR-SIRO recognition and voluntary and nonvoluntary government organizations registered with the NITI Aayog darpan portal can host the project
- Faculties recruited through UGC-Faculty Recharge Program can also apply
- INSPIRE Faculty, Ramanujan and Ramalingaswamy Fellows, Research Associates, Ad-hoc faculties, Guest Faculty, Visiting Scientist, consultant, Project Fellows, and Faculty members whose contract is renewed every year cannot apply for this program
Selection decisions will be taken by the program advisory committee on the basis of the proposals submitted by the candidates. Candidates may also have to appear for the discussion/ presentation.
- Biodata (under user profile section)
- Certificate from Principal Investigator
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of Institution
- If the project is approved for SERB support, the Quotations of the approved equipment need to be uploaded within one month of the date of the Approval Letter.
- Plagiarism undertaking
- The online application form filling process will start soon
- Applicants have to submit the application within the given time period
- The last date of submission of the application will update soon.
Also Check: SERB Research Scientist Scheme
SERB SUPRA 202 Application Procedure
- To seek an online application form you have to visit the SERB website of the Science and Engineering Research Board
- From the homepage of the portal, you have to choose the login option which is available on the right-hand side at the top
- As you hit login window will appear on the computer screen
- Now you have to choose a new user option to register yourself
- Fill out the online registration form that appears on the screen
- Email ID
- Confirm password
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Identity proof detail
- Enter the capture code and then hit submit button
- If already registered then log in by using your username and password
- First, complete your profile by entering the details like
- Details of Patent,
- Publications in the last 5 years,
- Research Collaboration,
- Academic Supervision of all investigators
- Project Title (max 500 characters),
- Project summary (max 3000 characters),
- Keywords (max 6),
- Objectives of the project (max 1500 characters),
- Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters),
- Budget (Manpower, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overheads) etc.
- After completing the details in the application form you have to upload all the significant documents
- Now you need to review your application form and hit submit button.