The Tata Education and Development Trust, which is part of the Tata Group, focuses on dividing the financial burden of students who want to improve their abilities and prepare for a promising future. The trust has donated about USD 25 million, allowing Cornell University Tata Scholarship to provide money to UG students from across India. Cornell has eight undergraduate colleges and institutions with over 4,000 courses offered across 100 academic areas. Cornell is a place where anybody may learn about any subject. We provide approximately 80 majors and 120 minors, as well as rigorous dual-degree programs, ranging from Africana studies to engineering, human biology to hotel administration. In this post, we discuss the Scholarship, its objective, benefits, eligibility criteria, the application process, and much more.
Tata Cornell Scholarship 2022-23
A $25 million endowment has been established thanks to a significant contribution from the Tata Education and Development Trust, a charitable subsidiary of India’s Tata Group, which will allow Cornell to give financial help to Indian undergraduate students. The Tata Scholarship Fund will assist about 20 scholars at any given time, ensuring that the top Indian students, regardless of their financial circumstances, have access to Cornell. The scholarship will be given out once a year and will cover the term of the recipient’s undergraduate education at Cornell.
Ratan Tata ’59, B. Arch ’62, is a Cornell trustee and the chairman of Tata Sons, the parent firm of India’s Tata Group, one of the country’s oldest, largest, and most recognized commercial empires. Mr. Tata is one of the world’s most admired corporate executives, having garnered countless major awards for his contributions to society via his work and philanthropy.
Key Highlights of Tata Cornell Scholarship
|Offered By||TATA Trust|
|Name of Scholarship||Tata Cornell Scholarship 2022-23|
|Scholarship Type||Need-Based, College-Specific, Full-Ride-Scholarship|
|No. of Scholarship||20|
|Eligibility Criteria||Be an Indian citizen|
|Deadline||1st November and 2nd January|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Objective of TATA Cornell Scholarship
Tata Scholarship is a scholarship that is offered by the TATA Group under the Tata Trust for Cornell University USA. The main objective of this scholarship scheme is to provide the best financial support to the Indian students who are not financially stable to get higher education at Cornell University. The scholarship will support applicants who passed their class 12th from India and wanted to study Undergraduate at Cornell University. The Tata scholarship will support approximately 20 follows at any given time angle in short that the very best Indian students have access to Cornell regardless of their financial circumstances. A $25 million endowment has been established that will allow Cornell to provide financial aid to undergraduate students from India.
Benefits of TATA Cornell Scholarship
The Tata Cornell Scholarship would provide rewards based on the candidates’ financial needs as well as their courses. The TATA Group will provide scholarship funding for the number of semesters required for a student to complete an undergraduate degree, with the exception of a 5-year program in architecture, which requires masters of full-time endowments, in which case they will provide up to 8 semesters of funding. Additional semesters due to double majors or dual degrees will not be funded.
To receive the Undergraduate Scholarship, a recipient must fulfill the following Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen and have attended Secondary School in India
- Be offered admission to Cornell as an undergraduate students
- Be eligible for need-based financial aid
Students accepted to the colleges of architecture, art, and planning; the College of Engineering; the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business’s Applied Economics and Management major; and majors in the biological sciences, physical sciences, and other “hard” sciences, as well as the social sciences, will be given priority.
The following documents are necessary to complete the College Scholarship Service CSS Profile in order to apply for foreign financial aid, and the office of financial aid may request additional information.
Application Procedure for TATA Cornell Scholarship 2022-23
- For Online registration under TATA Cornell Scholarship, the applicants first visit the official website of Cornell University.
- The homepage will appear on your screen where you have to click on the Apply tab, after that click on International Students and at last click on Tata Scholarship, where the whole information will display on your screen.
- This page will get information about the Tata scholarship, qualifications, application procedure, and much more.
- Now, you have to fill out the College Scholarship Service Profile by clicking on the link.
- On the CSS Profile, you can
- learn how to apply, and
- After all the details click on the submit button for the submission of the form.
Procedure for Creating a CSS Profile Account for Parent Use
- For creating a CSS Profile Account for parents’ use, first, you have to click on the cssprofile.org link.
- The CSS page will open on the screen where you have to click on the Sign-in button for the appropriate application award year.
- After that click on create an account under the don’t have an account option.
- Now create an account using the parent’s information and click on the Submit button. And finally, an account is created in the CSS profile.
- The application deadline for first-year students for Early decision is 1st November 2021.
- The deadline for a Regular Decision is 2nd January 2022.
- Undergraduate Admissions Office
- Cornell University
- 410 Thurston Avenue
- Ithaca, NY 14850
- Tel: 607.255.5241
- Fax: 607.255.0659