Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) registration is open from 20 Oct to 24 Nov 2021. The Indian Association for Research in Computing Science (IARCS), conducts the Indian Computing Olympiad to select a team of four students to represent India at the International Olympiad for Informatics (IOI). The National Informatics Olympiad or Indian Computing Olympiad is open to all school students up to class 12. The examination takes place in three stages: Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) / Zonal Computing Olympiad (ZCO); Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI) and International Olympiad for Informatics (IOI). To get more details of Zonal Informatics Olympiad Registration, exam dates, syllabus, eligibility, etc, read the complete article.
Key Highlights of Zonal Informatics Olympiads
|Name of the Exam||Zonal Informatics Olympiad|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Association for Research in Computing Science (IARCS)|
|Purpose of the Exam||to promote interest in computing and Informatics Practices among the school students|
|Level of the Exam||International|
Indian Association for Research in Computing Science (IARCS) provides leadership in computing within India. Its members are leading researchers in Computer Science drawn from major institutions from all over the country. IARCS aims at promoting excellence in Computing. This organization was established in 1981. IARCS recognizes the impact of developing science in school education. To actively promote good practices, it has become involved in the International Olympiad for Informatics (IOI). IARCS is involved in all aspects of training and selection of the young talent to represent the country at this prestigious Olympiad. It also recognizes a role for itself in correcting the biases in the current curriculum for computer science in the country.
Zonal Informatics Olympiad Preparation Tips
In ZIO 2022, Apart from determination and hard work, studying smart is also needed. These are some tips and tricks by exam experts which will be beneficial in your preparation for ZIO 2022:
- Study smart, not more: Studying smart is more important for studying more. Get a notebook and write down the complete syllabus. Sort out the topics into categories like ‘Prepared, not Prepared, have to revise etc.”. This will give you an overview of the amount of time you need to give to a particular topic and help you study smart.
- Make a Study Plan: Making a study plan makes you more consistent towards your studies and allows you to give a set amount of time for everything you do. This is important as most of our time is spent doing idle things. Making a study plan diminishes that chance of wasting your precious time.
- Learn the syllabus: By heart. Being aware of the complete syllabus and the important topics is the first step in realizing the areas of strongholds and the chinks in the armour of your preparation. Read the syllabus completely and analyse it accordingly.
- Practice from sample papers and mock tests: Sample papers and mock tests are very important as they help you analyse yourself. After completing a topic, make it strong by giving a mock test or solving a sample paper.
- Understand the standard of questions and the Exam Pattern: Understanding the standard of questions enables you to prepare for the topics accordingly. Exam pattern and previous year question papers show us that a total of 4 questions come in the ZIO 2022. These 4 questions are divided into 12 parts (3 parts or sub-questions for one main question.
ZIO Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for ZIO 2022 gives information on how the paper is set so that students can study accordingly. It is important for students to go through the ZIO 2022 exam pattern in order to prepare.
Students will get 5 marks for each part that they solve correctly.
If all three parts of a question are solved correctly, then 20 marks will be awarded.
|1.||Question 1 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|2.||Question 2 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|3.||Question 3 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|4.||Question 4 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|Total||4 questions (12 sub-questions)||80|
Application Form Fees
The application form fee for Gen/OBC/SC/ST is Rs 472.
You have to pay the amount online mode.
Indian Association of Research in Computing Science (IARCS) has released the ZIO result on December 15, 2021. Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) Result 2022 is declared online on the official website. Students can access the city-wise lists of selected students to check their results of the Zonal Informatics Olympiad 2022.
Selected students will move on to Indian National Olympiad in Informatics which will lead to the International Olympiad in Informatics Training Camp.
Zonal Informatics Olympiad ZIO Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Zonal Informatics Olympiad states the rules and regulations to be followed by appearing candidates. These are the minimum requirements that candidates should meet to be allowed for ZIO 2022:
- The candidate must be enrolled in a school in a class between 1 and 12.
- All schools and boards across India are accepted.
- There is no lower age limit for the ZIO 2022 exam.
Zonal Informatics Olympiad ZIO Important Dates
The important dates related to ZIO 2022 is given below:
- 15 Dec, 2021- Result | Mode: Online
- 05 Dec, 2021- Exam | Mode: Offline
- 20 Oct, 2021 – 24 Nov, 2021- Application | Mode: Online
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- School ID card
Application Procedure for Zonal Informatics Olympiad ZIO 2022
Application forms for ZIO 2022 is released and students can apply online before November 24, 2021. Students can register individually by submitting an application form in online mode. Follow the given steps to fill the ZIO 2022 application form:
- The applicant should visit the official website of ZIO.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- Where you have to click on guidelines and read all the instructions carefully.
- Click on register now button and login/Signup using required credentials.
- Now click on the link named as “Apply for ZIO”.
- The application form will appear on your screen where you have to enter your required details.
- After filling all the details correctly you have to click on submit button for final submission of application form.
How to Check the ZIO Result 2022?
- Go to the official website
- Click on the ZIO result 2022 link.
- Check the state-wise list to know if the student has been selected for the next stage or not.
- Download the result and keep it safe.