If you are a law student and you want to get proper information related to the financial incentives which are available to you so that you can continue your education then you can apply for the prestigious GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship 2023. In this article, we are providing you with all of the specifications related to this scholarship including the step-by-step procedure to apply online and also the specifications related to the eligibility and the last date to apply for this prestigious scholarship scheme. You can also check out the selection procedure for the scheme presented below.
About GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship 2023
GEV memorial merit scholarship will be available for law students and this scholarship will be providing them with financial support so that they can pursue quality Legal education at various Indian institutes. This scholarship will be provided to all of the students who are pursuing law education at an undergraduate or postgraduate level in India. The students will be provided Rupees 200000 per year in order to help them cover their academic expenses and mentorship will also be provided to selected candidates so that they can get free of cost education and guidance from popular lawyers across the country. GEV Scholarship Fund Trust has been started in memory of the 13th Attorney General of India, Late Dr. Goolam E. Vahanvati to support young law aspirants.
Also Read: National Law University Internship
Benefits Of GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship
The following assistance will be provided to the students through this scholarship program:-
- INR 50,000 to INR 2,00,000 per year
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the GEV memorial merit scholarship 2022:-
- An applicant must be an Indian citizen
- The applicant must be already enrolled in any year of an LLB/LLM degree course at a recognized law institute in India, or have applied for CLAT, LSAT-India, AILET, or any other law entrance exam.
- An applicant must have scored a minimum of 60% in Class X and XII board exams.
- The applicant must have an annual family income of not more than INR 10,00,000 from all sources.
- The applicant must be willing to sign-up for the scholarship fund’s annual mentorship programs to assist and nurture the next batches of GEV Merit Scholars.
The following documents must be submitted to apply for this scholarship program:-
- Copies of the mark sheets (each qualifying examination from Secondary School Certificate examination to the latest qualification)
- Copy of the letter of admission to the Law College, Institution, or University at which the applicant is enrolled or intends to undertake studies (optional)
- Income proof (Salary Statement, IT Returns) of the applicant’s parents
- Copy of latest CLAT/LSAT-India/AILET/other law entrance exam results
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of the Aadhar Card
The student selection is based on a multi-stage procedure presented by the concerned authorities of the scholarship program and also the main motive to select the students is to provide them with financial assistance. The students who are doing well in their studies will select on the basis of their financial needs. First of all initial shortlisting of the students based on their academic merit and financial need will be done by the concerned authorities. The students will have to also go through a telephonic round of interviews and then all of the documents will be verified by the student. The student will also have to go through a personal interview after which a final selection will be done by the concerned authorities.
Also Read: FMA Foundation Scholarship
GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship 2023 Application Process
The applicant must follow the following application procedure to apply for this scholarship:-
- The applicant must first visit the official website of the organization by clicking on the link given here
- The home page with all of the important details related to the scholarship will open on your screen and you have to read all of the specifications
- You need to click on the apply online button and then you have to start your application.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online scholarship application form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
- 011-430-92248 (Ext- 298) (Monday to Friday – 10:00AM to 6PM)