Meghalaya NMMS Scholarship is especially available to people who are permanent residents of the Meghalaya state. NMMS scholarship program is separately available for the different states in India and this one is particularly available for the Meghalaya state. Students must follow the eligibility criteria presented by the Meghalaya government in order to get the benefit of this scholarship opportunity. This scholarship amount will be directly presented to the bank account of the beneficiaries and it is 500 Rupees per month. Students will have to take the entrance examination to get this scholarship on 4th November 2023. The application portal for this scholarship is now open. Students must fill out the application form for the scholarship of Meghalaya NMMS very soon in order to get the benefits accordingly!
Overview of Meghalaya NMMS Scholarship 2023
Meghalaya NMMS Scholarship is a scholarship examination programme that is created by the Indian government through which students from class 8 will be given a scholarship exam. Students will be selected on the basis of the examination score that they have got in this scholarship exam. The people who get a good score will be eligible to get financial assistance of 500 rupees per month till they reach class 12. The scholarship will be available for classes 9th and classes 11th but you will have to give this scholarship exam in class 8. Students must follow the eligibility criteria listed on the official website to apply for this scholarship exam and then only they will be considered for financial assistance.
Also Read: NMMS Scholarship
Objective of Meghalaya NMMS Scholarship
The main objective of this prestigious scheme that is created by the organization is to provide scholarships to students who belong to the economically backward section of society. If you are someone who is struggling financially then you can apply for the scholarship presented by the organization by just giving the national merit cum means scholarship exam. This scholarship will be provided from class 9th to class 12. Students will have to show their income certificate in order to successfully get the benefit of this prestigious scholarship exam. The financial assistance will be directly transferred to the bank account of the beneficiaries and they can use this financial assistance to pay their tuition fees for schools and institutes up to class 12.
What is the National Means Cum Merit Scholarship?
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship is created in order to provide financial assistance to students who are coming from the economically backward section of society. This scholarship is initiated in different states of India and every State has its own eligibility criteria and application portal to be followed by the students. Students can fill out the application form for the scholarship opportunity if they follow the eligibility criteria. Also, students will have to give a scholarship examination in order to get financial assistance under this prestigious scholarship. Students must be studying in a government institute and they must be currently studying in class 8 in order to apply for this scholarship all throughout the country. Financial assistance will be provided for the students so that they can continue their education.
Key Highlights of the Meghalaya NMMS Scholarship
|Name||Meghalaya NMMS Scholarship|
|Launched by||Meghalaya Government|
|Objective||Providing financial assistance|
|Beneficiaries||Students from class 8th|
|Official Site||Meghalaya NMMS|
- Students must be reading in class VIII from any recognized school in the state.
- Students studying in Kendriya Vidyalaya, JNV, and Residential schools run by the State and Central Government are not entitled
- The Parental Income from all sources should not exceed Rs. 1,50,000/-(Rupees One Lakh Fifty Thousand) only.
- The certificate has to be submitted along with the application form
- The scholarship will be awarded from Class IX to Class XII @ Rs. 500/- per month.
Benefits Of The Scheme
- Students will be provided motivation to take part in the competitive examination and they will develop confidence.
- The financial assistance will be directly presented to the bank account of the beneficiaries which will help them to pay their tuition fees without worrying their family members.
- Students will be getting a taste of competitive examination from a young age and they will be able to prepare for the exam accordingly.
- Students will be eligible for the scholarship till they complete class 12 so they will be very well off with the financial assistance.
Also Read: NMMS Exam Date
List of Details to fill Under Meghalaya NMMS Scholarship Application Form
- Subject Code
- Centre Code
- Serial Number
- Date Of Birth
- Name of Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Caste Category
- Disability Status
- Name of school
- Type of School
- Address Of School
- Medium of Examination
- Father’s Education
- Father’s Occupation
- Mother’s Education
- Mother’s occupation
- Number of family members
- Parental income
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- The scholarship examination will be conducted on 4th November 2023
- The last date to submit the application form is 26 September 2023.
- The Examination is conducted by DERT through SDSEOs in the month of November every year in all the District Head-Quarter for the selection of students.
- The result is declared in the month of December-January. The names of Candidates who qualified for this examination will be sent to MHRD for the award of Scholarship.
- Reservation is done as 15% for students belonging to the SC category, 7.5% for students belonging to the ST category, and 3% for the Physically Challenged Group of students.
- Qualifying marks for the candidates from General Category is 40% in each paper and for Candidates from SC, ST, and PH is 32% in each paper.
Also Read: NMMS Result
How to Apply Online Under Meghalaya NMMS Scholarship 2023?
- You can download the official PDF of the application form by clicking on the link given here
- You have to take a printout of the PDF form.
- You have to fill out the application form with important details.
- Complete filled-in Application Forms along with the following supporting documents should be submitted to the office Sub-Divisional School Education Officer (SDSEO), East Jaintia Hills District, Khliehriat.
- The Documents to be submitted along with the application form include a Mark Sheet/ Report Card (Class-7), Two Passport size in School uniform, SC/ST/OBC Certificate, Disability Status Certificates from a Competent Authority, and Parental Annual Income from a Competent Authority.
- Room no: 222.
- Ground Floor
- Department of Education
- Additional Secretariat
- Meghalaya: Shillong-793001
- Phone No.0364-2224201, S-2264
Meghalaya NMMS Scholarship 2023 FAQs
Students must be coming from the economically backward section of the society and they must be currently studying in class 8 in order to apply for the prestigious scholarship examination.
You can fill out the application form for the scholarship by downloading the PDF of the application form available on the official website and then taking a print out of the application form. You have to send the application form to the concerned authorities after filling it up.
Students will be provided 500 Rupees per month up to class 12th if they complete the scholarship examination with good marks.
No, students who are currently studying in class 12th cannot apply for this prestigious scholarship because the scholarship examination is only meant for class 8th students.