To provide opportunities for students from other countries to pursue their academics at a fully-funded Japanese University, Japan’s Ministry of Education Culture Sports Science and Technology has created a new scheme known as MEXT Scholarship India. In this article today we will share with you all the important information related to MEXT Scholarship India 2023 such as the objective, eligibility criteria, important documents, and rewards. Also, we will share with you all the step-by-step application procedures to apply under the same scheme.
About MEXT Scholarship India 2023
A new scholarship has been created by the Japanese government to provide educational opportunities for the other countries’ students who have a diplomatic relationship with Japan. Under this scheme, students can study for various degrees in Japan without thinking about any financial hurdles. The main aim of launching MEXT Scholarship India is to increase the number of foreign students in Japan to around 300,000 Students by 2021. All interested applicants who want to apply under this scheme will have to visit the official website of the MEXT Scholarship.
Also Read: Gyandhan Scholarship
Details Of MEXT Scholarship India
|Name of the scheme||MEXT Scholarship India|
|Launched by||Japan’s Ministry of Education Culture Sport and Technology|
|Beneficiaries||Candidates who belong to a country that has a diplomatic relationship with Japan|
|Objective||To provide educational opportunities abroad|
|Benefits||Students will be able to build their future|
|Scholarship Amount||117,000 Yen per month|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Objective Of MEXT Scholarship
As we all know there are many students who want to continue their education in other countries but due to lack of financial funds are not able to continue their education abroad. By keeping this in mind Japan’s Ministry of Education culture sport and Technology has created a new scheme known as MEXT Scholarship India. Under this scheme, the Government of Japan is given opportunities to the Student Of the country who have a diplomatic relationship with Japan. The main aim of launching this scholarship is to increase the forest student population in Japan to around 300,000 Students by 2021.
Courses Under MEXT Scholarship
The selected student of MEXT Scholarship India can take admissions in the following courses.
- Humanities and social science
- Part A Law, Politics, Pedagogy, Sociology, Literature, History, Japanese Language
- Part B Economics Business Administration
- Natural science A- science electric and electronics studies mechanical studies civil engineering and architecture chemical studies and other fields
- B- Agricultural studies, hygienic studies, and Science
- C- Medicine and Dentistry
Selection Procedure Under MEXT Scholarship India
The selection criteria to avail of the benefit under this scholarship is as follows:
- First, the application of the student will be reviewed by the concerned authorities.
- The concerned authorities will check their academic as well as extra-academic excellence
- The best student will be shortlisted
- The shortlisted candidate list will be displayed on the website by June 2021
- The date for the written test and interview will be July 2021
Rewards Under MEXT Scholarship India
Rewards under the scholarship are as follows:
- 18 undergraduate scholarships are provided to the student every year on the written test
- 117,000 Yen/ Month will be given as the scholarship stipend
- The students are completely exempted from the tuition fees
- Also the roundtrip airfare will be provided to the selected Scholars
Benefits And Features Of MEXT Scholarship India
- A new scholarship has been started by the Japanese government to pursue academics at Japanese Universities.
- The name of this scholarship is MEXT Scholarship India
- Under this scheme, the student will be able to pursue an education at a Japanese University without thinking about any financial hurdles.
- This scheme will help in achieving the dreams of students of Higher Education.
- Along with that, Students From other countries will be able to learn the Japanese language.
- The main aim of launching the MEXT Scholarship India is to increase the foreign-language population to 300,000 students by 2021.
- A student who wants to enroll themselves under this scheme will be able to pursue admission in various courses like Commerce and Science stream
- Around 117,000 Yen will be provided to the selected scholars in addition to the other benefits also.
- All the interested applicants who want to apply under MEXT Scholarship India will have to visit the official website of MEXT Scholarship
|Sl. No.||Type||Level||No. of Scholarships||Application Period||Remarks|
|1||Research Student||Research studies(possible to continue to master’s/Ph.D course)||To be announced||26 April-15 May 2022||Applications closed for 2023|
|2||Undergraduate Students||Undergraduate level leading to bachelor’s Degree||12||2 May-27 May 2022||Applications closed for 2023|
|3||College of Technology Students||Undergraduate level leading to Associate Degree (Diploma)||12||2 May-27 May 2022||Applications closed for 2023|
|4||Specialized Training College Students||Undergraduate level leading to Certificate||12||2 May-27 May 2022||Applications closed for 2023|
|5||Japanese Studies Students||Undergraduate level leading to Certificate||About 12||Dec~Jan||Applications closed for 2022(application through nomination by University only)|
|6||Young Leaders’ Program Students||Masters Degree course||A few||Oct~Nov||Applications closed for 2022|
|7||Teacher Training Students||Undergraduate level leading to Certificate||About 12||Dec~Jan||Applications closed for 2022|
- The applicant must be fluent in English
- The applicant can come from any type of country.
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of school education or have completed courses in a school comparable to a high school (includes prospective graduates)
- For Masters / Ph.D. Students: You must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (including prospective graduates). Or you must have completed 16 years / 18 years of education.
- For Teacher training students: You must be under 35 years of age and a graduate of a college or teacher training college. You must have at least five years of active experience as a teacher in a primary, secondary, or teacher-training college in your country.
- For Japanese Study Students: Applicants must be from 18 to 30 years old. Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools that major in Japanese language or Japanese culture in a university outside Japan at the time when they come to Japan and must be enrolled in the home institution at the time when they return to their home countries.
The following documents are required to apply for this scholarship:-
- MEXT Scholarship Application form
- The highest degree is verified with official stamps.
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree
- Note: If the degree is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English is required
- The highest degree Transcript is verified with official stamps. (Including Grading system)
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree Transcripts
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree Transcripts
- Note: If the diploma is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English is required
- Two recommendation letters: The letters of recommendation must be written by the applicant’s teachers/advisors/employers (who are able to evaluate your academic performance and research potential) in English. (for research students)
- Passport Scan (if available at the time of application)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (for research students)
- Study plan / Statement of purpose. The study plan is written in English. Basic content shall include motivation for application, education/ research Background, and prospective study at APU. (for research students)
- English Language Proficiency Document: Those students whose language institute was in English can Submit English Proficiency Certificate from their Home University & they are exempted from the Language Test.
- Academic thesis or relevant publications (for research students)
- Other reference documents (if applicable)
Also Read: QUAD Fellowship for STEM
Process To Apply Under MEXT Scholarship India
All the interested applicants who want to apply under this scholarship
- First visit the MEXT Scholarship Website.
- The home page will appear in front of you
- On the homepage, click on the option of Apply Now
- The registration form will appear in front of you.
- Enter all the details that asked in the form
- After entering the details attach all your Important Documents
- Now click on Submit option
- Through this, you can easily apply for this scholarship.
Do’s & Dont’s
- Check eligibility before applying for the scholarship program.
- You must have a valid and active mobile number that will remain active in the upcoming days.
- You must have a valid and active email ID.
- Do not wait for the last date to submit the scholarship.
- Avoid using a mobile phone for scholarship submission.
- Check the scholarship form carefully before finally submitting it.
- Prefer using a laptop for application form submission.
- Mr. S. Sinhá Tel- 99530-18030
- Ms. Anshula, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Japan Information Centre (JIC), Embassy of Japan, 50-G, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021.