If you are interested in music and want admission to Sony music group universities then you can take into account the committed Sony music scholarship available by Sony’s Global Social Justice fund and the overall goal of this program is to provide support to the student through college. You can check out the details related to the scholarship from the article provided below including the eligibility criteria and the last date of registration. We will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures through which you will be able to apply online for the Sony Music Scholarship 2023.
What Is Sony Music Scholarship 2023?
A very interesting scholarship opportunity is available for the students who have been admitted to the Sony music university. The candidates will be provided with an entry in the Sony Music Scholarship which will give them a lot of interesting programs and structured events so that they can pursue their careers in music. They will also be provided with a scholarship amount of Rs 3000 to 20000 USD for the academic year so that they can pay for their tuition and other mandatory fees. You can be a part of this scholarship scheme by filling out the application form available on the official website for the students who have enrolled in the university in a full-time degree program so that they can build their careers in music.
Also Read: SMILE Scheme for Transgender Community
- The application will update soon
- Scholarship recipients announce soon.
The following benefits will provide to the applicants who selects for this scholarship:-
- Scholarship amounts will range between USD 3,000 and USD 20,000 per academic year for required tuition and mandatory fees to complete students’ degree programs and vary depending on the location of the college/university, the type of college/university (state university, private university, etc.), and the Sony Music Group Global Scholar’s expected financial need.
- Scholarships are intends to assist students as they pursue undergraduate study and not to cover all educational expenses. Recipients are responsible for the balance of funding, including tuition and fees, books and supplies, living expenses, and transportation.
- In addition to receiving the scholarship from Sony Music Group, Global Scholars may be given other opportunities by Sony Music Group to further their professional development, including unpaid internship or mentorship opportunities.
- Upon acceptance, the Sony Music Group Global Scholars Program will provide a wide range of enrichment programming, including structured events and webinars to connect with SMG industry experts to cultivate an international cohort of future music industry professionals.
- Scholarship payments will be sent directly to educational institutions on behalf of students on an annual basis.
Duration of Scholarships
The scholarship will be available only for the following duration:-
- Scholarships may renew for up to three additional years or until completing your degree, whichever occurs first.
- Renewal of awards is contingent on having at least a U.S. equivalent of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale toward your degree program, continued full-time enrollment in music or music business-related fields of study, and continuation of the program by Sony Music Group.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Checklist For Sony Music Scholarship
A complete application must be submit in English and will include:-
- Completed online application form
- A personal statement (up to 3,500 characters)
- An estimate of your expected tuition and mandatory fees to complete your degree programs during the academic year of 2023;
- Two reference letters. The letters must come from non-family members who know you well – for example, a teacher, instructor, professor, employer/work supervisor, scout leader, advisor to an extracurricular club, etc.
- High school transcript/grade report issued by the school (for applicants from the United Kingdom or Commonwealth countries, A level, O level, GCSE, or BTEC results are also acceptable)
- Only applications completes by the deadline will be reviewed. Falsifying or plagiarizing any portion of your application is grounds for automatic disqualification.
The scholarship applicants will evaluate based on the following criteria:-
- Achievement and potential in music fields
- Demonstrated leadership potential and ability
- Personal character, commitment, and potential in their chosen field of study and future music industry career
- Clearly expressed the financial need to support educational goals
- Academic achievement
- Career and academic goals in line with stated scholarship objectives
- Compelling references
Terms And Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions to be successfully eligible for the scholarship:-
- All applicants will be notified of their application status (successful or unsuccessful) by the end of September.
- The Sony Music Group Global Scholars Program is a competitive program; not all applicants will be selects as recipients.
- Recipients must submit verification of their full-time enrollment in an accredited college or university to receive their scholarship awards.
- For students in the United States selected for the scholarship, IIE will require that they submit their financial aid package information. Based on the student’s unmet financial needs, IIE will determine the scholarship amount ranging between USD 3,000 and USD 20,000.
- Scholarship recipients who are not able to produce proof of enrollment by the date indicate in the award letter will no longer be eligible and an alternate candidate will select.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for this scholarship:-
- This scholarship is open to students planning to enroll full-time in an accredited college or university degree, including 3-4 year undergraduate degree programs, in music or music business-related fields of study during the academic year of 2022-2023.
- Maintaining a U.S. equivalent GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or above is require to apply for this scholarship.
- An applicant’s academic record must show potential to succeed in a college/university program in their intended music industry field.
- A demonstrated financial need.
- Applicants do not need to accept into a program at the time of application, but if select for a scholarship, proof of full-time enrollment will be required before scholarship funds can be sent.
Also Check: GATE Scholarship
Sony Music Scholarship 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship scheme you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The home page of this scholarship will open on your screen
- You have to click on the option called Application and a new page with all of the information related to this scholarship will open on your screen.
- Read the notification for the scholarship scheme carefully
- You have to know scroll down and click on the option called Apply Now
- You have to now click on the option called Create An Account
- Enter the specifications and successfully register to apply for the scholarship.