Top Scholarships for International Students in STEM are available so that the students who are currently studying science and technology can get financial assistance to complete their education without any problem. Students who want to pursue UG or PG degrees in Science Technology Engineering and mathematics will be eligible to apply for different types of financial assistance. Taking a degree in Science and Technology can be very difficult because of the high cost that is needed to complete the education. Even the undergraduate degrees available in STEM are very costly for normal people who are coming from the economically backward section of society. Because of the sudden increase in the interest of students in Science and Technology, it is important that financial assistance is available to them. Check the details of top scholarships for international students in stem given below:
Objective of Top Scholarships for International Students in STEM 2023
These scholarships that are presented for international students will not only provide them with financial assistance but will also provide them with motivation to continue their education. When someone is coming from an economically backward section of the society it is very difficult for them to pay the tuition fees of different colleges in Science and Technology. STEM is a very important stream available for students who are interested in continuing their education but want to continue it in Science Technology Engineering and mathematics only. The human resource development of a particular country can progress only if there are enough scientists in Science and Technology so this will help them in order to continue their education. Some people do not have tuition fees, they can use this fund to pay their tuition fees.
List of Scholarship
|STEM Scholarships for Undergraduate Courses|
|STEM Scholarships for Postgraduate Courses|
|Scholarships for Women in STEM|
|STEM Scholarships for Minorities|
What are STEM Scholarships for Undergraduates?
There are some scholarships available for people who are currently pursuing undergraduate degrees in STEM. These types of scholarships are only available for people who are currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree at a prestigious University in India or abroad. If you are interested in getting financial assistance then you can follow the eligibility criteria for the different types of scholarships listed under this parent scholarship. Check out some of the most famous scholarships available for UG students in stem from the information given below:
Inspire Scholarship is available from the Ministry of Science and Technology under the Government of India in order to provide financial assistance. Financial support will be provided to the students who have completed their class 12 board examination and now they are trying to pursue a bachelor’s degree in the field of national and basic science. Students will be eligible to get a lot of benefits that they can use in order to pay the tuition fees for the prestigious school or college that they have selected in India. Check the eligibility criteria from the pointers given below:
- Applicants must be above the age of 17 years and below the age of 22 years.
- They must have successfully passed the Class 12 examination from any central/state board in India.
- Eligible candidates can pursue courses in Natural and Basic Sciences at the B.Sc., B.S., and Int.M.Sc./M.S. levels.
- Applicants can also qualify based on their ranks in the JEE (IIT), AIPMT, and NEET (within the top 10,000 ranks).
- Those selected under the KVPY and pursuing bachelor’s or master’s level courses in Natural Sciences are also eligible.
Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship
This scholarship is initiated by a private limited company in India which is known as Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited. This is a private scholarship that will be provided to students coming from the economically backward section of society. If you want to get the benefit of Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship then you must be struggling financially and you must be pursuing a UG degree in engineering courses. Students must be studying in NITs throughout India. The scholarship amount will be provided directly into the bank account of the beneficiaries. Check the eligibility criteria here:
- Applicants must be undergraduate engineering students in any year of their course.
- Applicants should enroll in one of the 20 specified National Institutes of Technology (NITs) in India for the academic year 2023-24. The list includes renowned institutes such as NIT Warangal, MNIT Jaipur, NIT Trichy, and others.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in their Class 12 examination.
- The annual family income of the applicants should be less than INR 8 lakh.
- Students who have already received scholarships from other sources cannot apply for this scholarship. Also, the children of employees from BPCL and Buddy4Study are not eligible for this scholarship.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
This scholarship is available from the Department of Higher Education under the Government of India in order to support financial assistance to people who are planning to pursue higher education in India. If you are someone who is currently in an UG course in India then you can apply for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship. The students must have a good academic background in order to apply for this prestigious scholarship scheme. Check out the details of the eligibility from the pointers given below:
- Candidates must have secured the 80th percentile or above in their Class 12 or equivalent examination.
- Candidates must be pursuing regular degree courses at AICTE-recognised colleges/institutions.
- The parental/family income should not exceed INR 4.5 lakh per annum.
- Only fresh applicants need to provide an income certificate.
|Scholarship Names||Reward Details|
|Inspire Scholarship||The INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) offers INR 80,000 per annum. Each selected candidate will receive a monthly scholarship of INR 5,000, totaling INR 60,000 annually. As part of the scholarship program, all SHE scholars are expected to undertake summer research projects under the guidance of an active researcher in a recognized research center in India. A summertime mentorship grant of INR 20,000 will be provided annually to support the scholars during their summer research projects.|
|Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship||One-time fixed scholarship of INR 50,000|
|Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship||INR 12,000 per annum at the graduation level for the first three years of college and university courses INR 20,000 per annum at the postgraduation level|
What are STEM Scholarships for Postgraduates?
There are a lot of postgraduate scholarships that are available for people who want to pursue a PG in Science and Technology. Sometimes if you want to continue your education in different countries apart from India then you can apply for the interaction scholarships available by some of the top universities. Students can fill out the application form for this scholarship once they have confirmed their admission to the PG course presented by the different universities. You can check out some of the exceptional PG stem scholarship programs available in India or abroad from the information given below:
Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship for Doctoral Research:
The Fulbright scholarship program is one of the most famous scholarship programs presented for people who want to continue their research opportunities in different countries apart from India. Students are able to apply for the scholarship programs by confirming their admission to the PG course available at the university. Students are selected on the basis of the academic performance that they have put forward in their UG exam. You can check out more information about the eligibility criteria for this scholarship from the pointers given below:
- Applicants should be registered for a PhD degree at an Indian institution on or before November 1, 2022. (This criterion applies to U.S. applicants.)
- Applicants must have conducted sufficient research in the relevant field, demonstrating their expertise and familiarity with the available resources in India.
- A high academic background is required, showcasing strong educational achievements and a track record of excellence in their field of study.
- These fellowships are specifically intended for pre-doctoral level research. Therefore, applicants who already hold a PhD degree or are in the final stages of submitting their PhD thesis will not be eligible for the scholarship.
Fulbright Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships
This fellowship program is created in order to provide a unique opportunity to students who are currently pursuing Ph.D. and master’s degrees. This scholarship will provide a chance to complete the education and research for Indian students working at a US Institute. Monthly financial assistance will be provided to the students under this prestigious fellowship program. They can use this financial assistance to complete their research accordingly. Check out the eligibility criteria given below:
- Applicants must be either Indian nationals or U.S. citizens.
- Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree in their respective fields.
- Teaching/Research/Professional Experience: A minimum of five years of relevant teaching, research, or professional experience is required.
- Applicants must possess a master’s degree in their relevant area of expertise.
AICTE PG Scholarship
This scholarship program is one of the most famous scholarship programs available by an Indian Institute. AICTE PG Scholarship is available to students who have successfully cleared the entrance exam of GATE in India. Students will be provided with particular financial assistance every month so that they can continue their research in different types of Institutes available in India. Students must be pursuing a master’s program in order to successfully get the benefit of this scholarship. Check out the eligibility criteria given below:
- Students must have qualified GATE/GPAT/CEED.
- Students must be admitted as full-time scholars.
- Students enrolled in dual degree integrated programmes, even in their final year will be able to avail of the scholarship from their 9th semester.
- Candidates studying at AICTE-approved universities/institutions and enrolled in AICTE-approved programmes such as Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Pharmacy, Master of Architecture, and Master of Design are eligible to apply.
|Scholarship Names||Reward Details|
|Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship for Doctoral Research||Monthly Stipend: A monthly financial allowance will be provided to support the living expenses of the fellows.J1 Visa Support: Assistance will be provided to facilitate the acquisition of the J1 Visa, which is necessary for participating in the program. Accident and Sickness Program: Fellows will be covered by an insurance program that follows the guidelines set by the U.S. government, ensuring protection in case of accidents or illness during the exchange period.Round-Trip Economy Class Air Travel: The program covers the cost of round-trip economy class airfare for the fellows to travel to and from their home country and the destination of the fellowship. Settling-In Allowance: A modest allowance will be provided to help fellows with their initial settling-in expenses upon arrival at the fellowship location. Professional Allowance: Fellows will also receive a professional allowance to support their research and academic activities during the program.|
|Fulbright Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships||Monthly Stipend: A monthly financial allowance will be provided to support the living expenses of the fellows.J1 Visa Support: Assistance will be provided to facilitate the acquisition of the J1 Visa, which is necessary for participating in the program. Accident and Sickness Program: Fellows will be covered by an insurance program that follows the guidelines set by the U.S. government, ensuring protection in case of accidents or illness during the exchange period.Round-Trip Economy Class Air Travel: The program covers the cost of round-trip economy class airfare for the fellows to travel to and from their home country and the destination of the fellowship. Settling-In Allowance: A modest allowance will be provided to help fellows with their initial settling-in expenses upon arrival at the fellowship location.Professional Allowance: Fellows will also receive a professional allowance to support their research and academic activities during the program.|
|AICTE PG Scholarship||A monthly stipend of INR 12400|
What are STEM Scholarships for Women?
There are some scholarships that are reserved especially for women who want to pursue education in Science and Technology. If you are someone who is currently pursuing a PG or UG degree in science technology mathematics or engineering then you can apply for this program. There are a number of scholarships presented by Indian Institutes and even foreign institutes. Because of the fewer number of women in the STEM field, there are different types of scholarship programs available for them to continue their education.
Rolls-Royce Unnati Scholarship for Women:
This scholarship was created by Rolls Royce India in order to provide opportunities to people who are not able to continue their education due to the financially backward section of society. Only female students will be provided with the benefit of this scholarship and this scholarship is open to students who are currently pursuing UG degrees in India. The students must be studying in an Engineering institute in order to get the benefit of this prestigious scholarship. Check out the eligibility criteria from the pointers given below:
- Applicants must be girl students studying in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-year of the engineering degree program at AICTE-recognised institutions.
- The scholarship is open to students pursuing engineering disciplines such as Aerospace, Marine, Electronics, Computers, and others.
- Candidates must have scored more than 60% marks in their Class 10 and 12 board examinations.
- The annual family income of the applicants must not exceed INR 4 lakh.
- The scholarship is available to students from across India.
Progress Software Akanksha Scholarship for Women in STEM
This other scholarship is available to the students so that they can renew this scholarship every year till they complete their UG degree in India. Students who are coming from the economically backward section can apply for this prestigious scholarship program. This scholarship will be available for the students till they complete their education in India. Students can renew the application for this scholarship every year and then they can take the benefit to pay their tuition fees. Check the eligibility criteria here:
- Applicants must either be female or identify as female.
- They must hold Indian citizenship.
- Candidates must be high school students planning to enroll or currently enrolled in an accredited university or college.
- Students must plan to major in computer science, computer information systems, software engineering, and/or IT.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum aggregate mark of 75% or above in the Class 12 (or equivalent) examination.
Students who are struggling financially can apply for this prestigious scholarship scheme that is available by the BHW group. Students who are currently pursuing UG PG or any other degree in science technology mathematics and engineering for the academic year 2023 can apply for this prestigious scholarship program. You can check out the eligibility criteria for this scholarship from the pointers given below before filling out the application form:
- Women who are pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree and are majoring in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics during the 2023 school year.
Society of Women Engineers Scholarship:
This scholarship scheme is available for female students who are currently studying different types of engineering courses or any technology and different fields related to the engineering programs. This scholarship was recently available in India. It will be available to people who are currently pursuing UG or PG courses in Tamil Nadu or Maharashtra. Students can visit the official website of the scheme in order to learn more about the benefits that will be available along with the eligibility criteria listed below to be followed:
- Only candidates who identify as a woman.
- Undergraduate/community college applicants must be planning to study an ABET-accredited program in engineering, technology, or computing in the upcoming academic year.
- Master’s and PhD candidates must be enrolled or accepted at a school with ABET-accredited programs in engineering, computing, or technology.
- You must be planning to attend full-time (exceptions are made for reentry and non-traditional applicants).
- You must not be fully funded for tuition, fees, and books or equivalent.
- Transcripts must be in English. See below for more details.
|Scholarship Names||Reward Details|
|Rolls-Royce Unnati Scholarship for Women||One-time scholarship amount of INR 35,000 and mentorship sessions, webinars, and workshops on different topics.|
|Progress Software Akanksha Scholarship for Women in STEM||Annual scholarship of up to INR 1.5 lakh|
|Society of Women Engineers Scholarship||$1,700,000|
What are STEM Scholarships for Minorities?
Students who are not able to continue their education because of financial differences can apply for the various types of scholarships especially available for this purpose. If you are someone who belongs to a minority community and you do not have social privileges then you can apply for the standard scholarships for minorities. There are a bunch of scholarships available from different types of organizations that are created in order to uplift people from minority communities. You can check out the list of scholarships from the information given below and apply for the scholarship of your choice accordingly:
Gates Millennium Scholars Program:
This prestigious opportunity was created in order to promote academic excellence and provide opportunities to people coming from economically backward sections of society so that their burden can be reduced. Students from the minority community can apply for the scholarship of their choice and get financial assistance. You can check out the eligibility criteria for the scholarship from the pointers given below. Please fill out the application form as soon as possible:
- The scholarship for the undergraduate award may be renewed annually based on satisfactory progress, full-time enrollment, and the timely submission of required documents. Support for graduate degrees for continuing Gates Millennium Scholars may be received for the following fields: computer science, education, engineering, library science, mathematics, public health or science.
Generation Google Scholarship:
Google is providing another scholarship that is very valuable for people who are currently pursuing Computer Science as their degree. This scholarship is only available for women and students who are currently in their first year of UG or PG degree can apply for this scholarship. Students will be provided monetary benefits in order to complete their education through the scholarship. Check out the eligibility criteria for the scholarship from the pointers given below:
- Applicant must be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related technological subject
- Must be enrolled as a full-time candidate pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Having an outstanding academic record
- When the scholarship program is completed, the applicant must enroll in the second year of studies at an approved university in an Asia Pacific country.
- Demonstrating leadership and a commitment to expanding marginalized groups’ engagement in computer science and technology.
SSAI Underrepresented Student Scholarship:
This scholarship is available for students who are currently in the first year of their UG program but these students must be permanent residents of the US in order to get the benefit of this scholarship. This is also a private scholarship that is available for a certain period of time under the eligibility criteria presented by the organization on its official website. You can check out the eligibility criteria for this scholarship from the pointers given below:
- Applicants must be students in their sophomore or junior year of college who are majoring in physics or a related science
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents who attend a college or university in the United States
- Applicants must be undergraduate members of the SPS national organization
- Applicants must be from a group that is underrepresented in science and engineering
|Scholarship Names||Reward Details|
|Gates Millennium Scholars Program||Students selected as Gates Millennium Scholars will receive funds in an amount to be determined by GMS based on financial need. The award is based on the cost of tuition, fees, books and living expenses for the academic year, as well as the availability of grants, and other scholarships reported on the student’s financial aid award letter.|
|Generation Google Scholarship||$1,000.|
|SSAI Underrepresented Student Scholarship||One $2,000 award may be made each year Awarded on the basis of scholarship and participation in SPS to undergraduate students in their sophomore or junior year of study who are from a group that is underrepresented in science and engineering Supported by Science Systems and Applications, Inc. (SSAI)|
Top Scholarships for International Students in STEM 2023 Application Process
- You will first have to visit the official website of your university or the organization that is providing you with the scholarship
- The home page will open on your screen and then you will have to click on the scholarship presented on the page.
- The details related to this scholarship will open on your screen.
- You have to click on the registration option or the apply now option so that the application form appears on your screen.
- Fill out the registration form with important information about yourself and your educational background.
- Upload all of the documents and successfully verify the application form to apply for the scholarship.
Top Scholarships for International Students in STEM 2023 FAQs
There are numerous scholarships that are available, especially for international institutes such as the Fulbright scholarship program. You will first have to confirm your admission and then ask the admission officer if this scholarship is available in your Institute.
The financial assistance is generally transferred to the bank account of the beneficiaries under each and every scholarship available by the organization.
If you do not get your financial assistance into your bank account, it will be automatically deducted from your tuition fees if you are selected for the scholarship. Otherwise, you can talk to your admission officer and solve the problem quickly.
The application form for the different types of scholarships will be available at your respective Institute so you must first visit your Institute after confirming your admission and then ask if your Institute is affiliated with any of the international scholarships for STEM students.