Applicants if you are from a science or engineering or medical background then the information furnished in this article is very valuable for you. SERB Early Career Research Award related all the information is available in this article. You can check out the eligibility criteria, application process, documents to submit, important dates, and other relevant information from the below-given section. This is the best opportunity for young researchers who are going to start their research careers in frontier areas of science and engineering.
What Is SERB Early Career Research Award 2023?
Science and Engineering Research Board has started early career research awards for Ph.D. degree holders who are in their early careers for pursuing exciting and innovative research in frontier areas of Science and engineering. Board is going to provide financial support to the young researchers. If you meet the eligibility conditions set by the board specified below then you can grab the opportunity. To get the opportunity you have to submit an online application form which will start soon.
Also Read: SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
Highlights Of Award
- Name of the scheme: SERB Early Career Research Award
- Launched by: Science and Engineering Research Board
- Launched for: young researchers
- Benefits: cash award
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: SERB
Objective Of SERB Early Career Research Award
SERB Early Career Research Award has been started by the Science And Engineering Research Board with the aim to provide quick research support to young researchers.
Benefits Of SERB Early Career Research Award
The early Career Research Award is designed for the candidates who are going to the first assignment in a regular capacity in a recognized academic Institute National laboratory or any other recognized R&D institution in India. It is a one-time award. This award carries a research grant of rupees up to 50 lahks for a period of 3 years covering equipment, manpower, consumables, manpower travel, and contingency apart from overheads.
SERB ECRA Eligibility Criteria
- The application should be an Indian citizen
- Applicant must hold a Ph.D. degree in science or engineering or an MD or MS degree in any area of medicine
- Applicant must hold regular academic/ research position in a recognized academic Institute or National laboratory or any other recognized R&D institution
- Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of the recommendation of an expert committee constituted by the board
- Candidates may call for a personal interview for the final selection if desired by the expert committee
- Certificate from a principal investigator
- Endorsement letter from the head of the institute
- Age proof certificate
- Category certificate
- The online application form-filling process will start soon
- The last date of submission of the application form will be updated soon
Also Check: SERB Start-up Research Grant
SERB Early Career Research Award 2023 Application Procedure
- To apply for the award you have to visit the SERB website of the Science and Engineering Research Board
- From the homepage of the portal go to the award and Fellowship option
- A drop-down list will appear on the screen from where you have to hit on an early career research award
- A new page will open along with the information related to the award read it carefully
- Now you have to go to www.serbonline.in portal
- Click the login option and now hit the new user option
- The registration form will open on the computer screen enter all the mandatory details in the registration form
- Hit submit button and further user dashboard will open
- First complete your profile details including bio-data, photograph, institute address, etc.
- Now you have to choose an early career research award
- Now you have to fill out the further application where you have to provide proposal details including
- Project Title (max 500 characters),
- Project summary (max 3000 characters),
- Keywords (max 6),
- Objectives of the project (max 1500 characters),
- Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters),
- Budget (Manpower, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overheads )
- Complete the form and upload the rest proposal and the related information in a single PDF not more than 10 MB as other technical documents
- Review the application form and hit submit button